Update! Good news! (Broken Arrow Post Office strikes again.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It still happens. I've ordered from Oklahoma businesses and it went to Memphis first.
Some stuff goes through the hub in Memphis and some doesn’t. Off the two packages that I sent to Austin that took divergent paths, neither of them went through Memphis; they both went directly(-ish) from Tulsa to Texas. One of them just made extra stops in Texas.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some stuff goes through the hub in Memphis and some doesn’t. Off the two packages that I sent to Austin that took divergent paths, neither of them went through Memphis; they both went directly(-ish) from Tulsa to Texas. One of them just made extra stops in Texas.
I had the same experience.
Package shipped from back east by Fed Ex.
Did not go through Memphis according to their tracking but did go to Dallas.
According to Fed Ex tracking, it went from Dallas to Fort Worth and back twice.
Package then went from Dallas to Weatherford, TX and back to Big D before finally heading to OK.
The package eventually arrived in great shape, expected it to be tuckered out from all the traveling and thought it would be playing Ernest Tubb "Waltz Across Texas" when I opened it.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was just saying that sometimes it happens, not everytime.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last week I ordered a belt from Beltman. It finally shipped. From Canton, AL, to Birmingham. From Birmingham to Dallas. From Dallas to Tulsa. From Tulsa back to Dallas. From Dallas back to Tulsa. Weird.

I ordered a knife online, shipped from Dallas to OKC, within 4 hrs.
Went from OKC to Boston, then to Ft. Worth, to Wichita Falls, to OKC, to Lawton, transferred to USPS, to Lawton, to local PO. Took PO 3 days to deliver.
But, it got here.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar experience with UPS last week. 500rds ammunition ordered from Freedom Munitions. Was expecting the delivery. Got a "delivered' text with a picture of the gate it was set by. Not mine. Thought I'd drive my street a bit looking for a similar looking gate. It had been an hour since delivered. Lo and behold there was the UPS truck. Stopped and chatted with the driver. Told him my "delivered; was not my address. He looked thru his device.....and said..."Oh yes, ammuntion? right? I know where I left it, I'll go get it and redeliver to you" Thank goodness.....just didn't know how he knew it was ammuntion.
Glad you got it back. As far as knowing that it was ammo in the box, I believe the government requires a sticker on the box to indicate there is a hazardous material inside.

What labeling should be used on an ammunition shipment?​

Federal law and carrier policies require that you use this "limited quantity" label on all ammunition shipments, to indicate it contains "hazardous materials". You must apply this label to 2 opposide sides of the package, meaning you need to print 2 copies:

limited_quantity_4_inches.png
Print 2 of these "limited quantity" labels and attach them to 2 sides of the box

Latest posts

Top Bottom