The Great Ammo Run of 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen Ammo on armslist for double and sometimes triple what it goes for in the store. I was lucky this weekend they just got a shipment of 9mm ammo a Walmart. I grabbed 5 boxes of 100rd federal. Gave 2 boxes to my friend and he have me a glenfield model 75 in exchange. Wife was a little pissed about that lol.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Behold, there come several years of great plenty throughout all the land of Oklahoma:
Shelves will be filled with great varieties of ammo, and reloading components will choke the very isles of stores.

And there shall arise after them seven weeks of panic; and all the plenty shall be forgotten in the land of Oklahoma; and the panic shall consume the ammo; the very stripped lowers of AR-15 shall command enormous prices. And if you didn't stock up when you had the chance, yea, verily you are screwed.

Ammo will come back into stock, eventually. I will make the easy prophecy that at some indeterminate time in the future, there will be another run on ammo. Maybe a ban panic, maybe a war, who knows. Therefore, plan your future purchases accordingly. Don't panic and overpay now. Wait for the good years, spend the same money and get more ammo. Every time you shoot X/2 rounds, buy another X rounds. This will build your stash so you can eventually bridge these shortages without impacting your shooting behavior & budget.

daniel1daniel2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever tried to reload 22lr?
unless you can figure out a way to put a new primer in it which would basically require a spit shine finish and then find some kinda liquid primer so that you could pore it down in there so it would get in the rim after all that is accomplished it should not be to hard, I would think the brass would be too weak to drill out and put a primer in

runnin17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thankfully I have been monitoring the ammo in stock thread at ar15.com. I have received 1500 rounds and got them yesterday and today in the mail. Ended up paying right at $.50/rd. A bit high, but that is okay as my stock was running low. Also have 2000 rds of brass and bullets that I need to reload. Glad I will be set for a little while. There is ammo in stock places, it is just hard to come by.

Latest posts

Top Bottom