The ideal woman (pics included)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My great grandmother claimed to be part native american, but dna through ancestry from both me and my mom says no trace
Ancestry does not check for NA. My wife and I both had Ancestry test done and both showed no NA. My wife's great grand father was Cherokee and my great grand mother was full blood Cherokee. Ancestry is a rip off.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a native-born Okie of any sort, having been born in Whittier, CA, but all my ancestors are, AFAIK, travelers. The word on genealogy, passed down through my grandmother, is that we're Scots, Irish, English, Dutch, French, Russian, German, Austrian, Lithuanian, Spanish, Native American, and Jewish. The Native American is connected to the French. Supposedly 5th great grandmother was NE NA woman married to a French trapper. If so, have no real idea which tribe she was from. My paternal grandfather's family was from Germany, and some of his relatives were German Jews. Though I watched my dad and his cousin almost get in a knock-down, drag-out fight over that. Uncle Walt said not, dad said certainly was. Dad was the only blue-eyed blond in the family, all the rest were black-haired, brown eyed. Paternal great grandmother was Lithuanian & Russian. Supposedly White Russian, those without Mongol ancestry, but I've got B-Pos blood, which is supposedly from Mongol ancestry.

:pms2:

Maternal great grandmother's family was run out of Vienna, MO, by other family members because they were abolitionists, the rest of the family wasn't. This, supposedly, in the 1850's. Grandma born in Los Angeles. My first wife and I met at Shepard AFB, outside Wichita Falls, Tx, and found out a week before we got married that she was related to those folks in Vienna, MO. She was from NYC. It is amazing how small the world can be, sometimes.

Current and future wife's family is German and Scandihuchian. Her grandfather is one of the decedents of an old astrology/astronomy guy named Johannes Kepler, and some old Vikings. With, supposedly, some Cherokee blood in there somewhere. My youngest is a native-born Okie, the other two were born in Germany. Son is a Hessian, daughter is a Rhinelander. Could have gotten them German citizenship, but didn't want to muddy the waters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom