"The Official 2010-2011 Hunting Season Success Pics"!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well here is mine i got opening day. This deer came 10 years and 13 days to the day i killed my first deer. I'll tell my story. First of all i got to the woods a little late, about 7am. Well i go walking to my treestand and my cousin is sitting not 30ft from my treestand against a tree. I am livid to say the least. Well i said screw it and i went to my other treestand near our west fence. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I had dribbled some doe pee about 10ft from my stand on a cedar tree a buck had rubbed the branches and bark off of and i had a feeder about 100ft away. I was using a doe bleat call, I dont know if thats what lured him in or what but not 30 mins later here comes mr buck walking up the fenceline from south to north sniffing the ground like a bloodhound, he is about 20ft away from me if that, probably closer. I had to turn the magnification down on my scope to 6x. Well he quarters away from me and stops for a split second and thats when i pulled the trigger. One round of federal .308 shattered 6 ribs, punctured both lungs and severed his spine, he dropped on the spot and didnt get back up. This was at approximately 7:55am.

ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo0085.jpg

ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo0086.jpg

[Broken External Image]
ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo0088.jpg

here is the bullet jacket that i found in him. I could only find shards of the core in him and i found bullet fragments from what looked like a .22 in his right leg about the ankle. Unless the bullet core was magical there was no way it came from mine.
ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo0089.jpg

ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Photo0090.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
we had a great weekend. four bucks down bu sunday morning. the first one is my son and his first buck. he's been hunting about five years and has taken a doe every year but never had a shot at a buck.
ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_PB200109.jpg

this one is one of the owners of the farm. we've been friends our entire lives and he flys in from georgia to hunt.
ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_PB200111.jpg

this is a friend of the landowner. he used the same rifle and hunted in the same stand sunday morning. the two deer were literally shot in the same spot with the same gun 14 hour apart. he had left his 270 wsm ammo at home
ai977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_PB210113.jpg

there was another cull buck shot by a young hunter that was a messy shot so i left that pic out. as for me, i saw LOTS of deer just not the right one.
good luck to everybody out there

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]
Here is mine, Saturday evening following a doe at about 150 yards. He went about 200 field dressed (180 on the scale with an antler still on the ground, need to fix that for next year) and was harvested in Garfield county. Saw another big boy for just a second at about 250 yards, they were definitely moving.

Latest posts

Top Bottom