The only woman I could ever love without reservation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lady Liberty.

Circa 1954 when I was about 5 I climbed (actualyl ran like I went everywhere) to the top of the arm. You could do it in those days and didnt have to be afraid of some weirdo abducting you. What a photo.

435035935_403563709046856_7775851466591106055_n.jpg

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lady Liberty.

Circa 1954 when I was about 5 I climbed (actualyl ran like I went everywhere) to the top of the arm. You could do it in those days and didnt have to be afraid of some weirdo abducting you. What a photo.

View attachment 468262
I’ve only seen her from afar off the highway across the water.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve only seen her from afar off the highway across the water.

Sigh. Only in pictures. In another life, I wanted to move to NYC. It was the early 80s and oh my!! It just seemed so much more glamorous than Ada, OK. 🤷 I guess it should thank my oldest for making his presence known (by unrelenting, debilitating nausea and vomiting 24/7). I swear that kid made me so sick I thought I had some kind of stomach cancer.

Looking back I'm pretty sure that ER doctor thought I was out of my mind when he told me I was pregnant and I said "Is that ALL?? Thank God!" 😂😂😂 Anyway, I had actually already turned in my notice at my job and packed up everything I owned when he decided to get my attention. You know how it goes -- life happens while you make plans. 🤷😁

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sigh. Only in pictures. In another life, I wanted to move to NYC. It was the early 80s and oh my!! It just seemed so much more glamorous than Ada, OK. 🤷 I guess it should thank my oldest for making his presence known (by unrelenting, debilitating nausea and vomiting 24/7). I swear that kid made me so sick I thought I had some kind of stomach cancer.

Looking back I'm pretty sure that ER doctor thought I was out of my mind when he told me I was pregnant and I said "Is that ALL?? Thank God!" 😂😂😂 Anyway, I had actually already turned in my notice at my job and packed up everything I owned when he decided to get my attention. You know how it goes -- life happens while you make plans. 🤷😁
Youre lucky. After my last trip to NYC circa 1980 swore I'd never cross the Hudson river south of Tarrytown...and I havent. Everyone should visit it once, then GTFO and never return. The place it a sh**hole on steroids.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Life is crazy. Nothing ever goes as planned. My blood and family are from the East Coast, old New England. Having been a military brat, I’ve lived all over, including the West Coast and here Central America, Oklahoma. I was fortunate to get a see a lot in my travels growing up. Even more after I joined the service.

The traveling part of me is long gone, and I have no desire to go anywhere far off other than to hang out with friends on occasion.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Life is crazy. Nothing ever goes as planned. My blood and family are from the East Coast, old New England. Having been a military brat, I’ve lived all over, including the West Coast and here Central America, Oklahoma. I was fortunate to get a see a lot in my travels growing up. Even more after I joined the service.

The traveling part of me is long gone, and I have no desire to go anywhere far off other than to hang out with friends on occasion.
Boy, I'm much the same way. If I never had to leave my little suburban paradise I'd die a happy, fulfilled woman. Grumpy wants to go here there and yonder. Lord, I have no idea why -- most of the places he's talked about he has already been to. Different strokes for different folks, as they say. 🤷

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Youre lucky. After my last trip to NYC circa 1980 swore I'd never cross the Hudson river south of Tarrytown...and I havent. Everyone should visit it once, then GTFO and never return. The place it a sh**hole on steroids.
What’s strange is that women seem to love going to NYC while most men, me included have the same attitude about it as you do.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally took my wife to nyc after years of her asking (whining to go) and we stayed on some high dollar hotel on park ave............the second day she said I've seen all of these perverts, sluts and assholes l want see when can we leave for Vermont and go see the tree leaf colors........she was about the same about Los Angeles and San Fran ..........sure made the last 25-30 years more enjoyable 😎

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally took my wife to nyc after years of her asking (whining to go) and we stayed on some high dollar hotel on park ave............the second day she said I've seen all of these perverts, sluts and assholes l want see when can we leave for Vermont and go see the tree leaf colors........she was about the same about Los Angeles and San Fran ..........sure made the last 25-30 years more enjoyable 😎
Jeez Louise, I guess God really does look out for stupid people, because I really was packed up and ready to go. Lol 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom