The Polymersmith's Guild - AKA The 3D Printed Weapons Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't printed something in a month or so . . . was working on a Glock 43 frame, but the sucker broke at the trigger guard while I was putting it together.

I guess this FNS-9 frame was the last thing I actually printed that I finished. Putting that thing together will test your patience.

IMG_9303.jpg

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't printed something in a month or so . . . was working on a Glock 43 frame, but the sucker broke at the trigger guard while I was putting it together.

I guess this FNS-9 frame was the last thing I actually printed that I finished. Putting that thing together will test your patience.

View attachment 326602
Nice! These are on my list for sure.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
a small injection molder would actually be far more practical AND actually usable. 3d printed firearms are a meme sorry.

you are still reliant on metal parts; the stuff you are making isn't even all that essential. you could "make" the "gun" work with just the barrel essentially.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
a small injection molder would actually be far more practical AND actually usable. 3d printed firearms are a meme sorry.

you are still reliant on metal parts; the stuff you are making isn't even all that essential. you could "make" the "gun" work with just the barrel essentially
to expand on this; the most adequate setup would be 3d printer molds that you could use with your injection machine. then you could produce actually capable parts, quickly, with much MUCH more consistency.

this is what companies like kel tec and glock does. i don't understand why people aren't doing this. makes WAY more sense to me.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
also i completely fail to see the reason to 3d print a firearm that follows atf regulations? isn't that point?
Check out r/fosscad if you really want to know what folks are actually printing and what they look like as well as how they function. Tons of resources and designs.

Not many ATF fans around there.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if you will see this because it looks like you are banned?

you are still reliant on metal parts; the stuff you are making isn't even all that essential. you could "make" the "gun" work with just the barrel essentially.

Injection molding is cost prohibitive, and not easily done correctly. How is making your own firearms a meme? Injection molded firearms are still reliant on metal parts, that is... just how it is.

also i completely fail to see the reason to 3d print a firearm that follows atf regulations? isn't that point?

No that is not the point. The point is the ability to create as much as you can on your own. I wish I had all of the tooling for the metal parts as well, maybe some day!

to expand on this; the most adequate setup would be 3d printer molds that you could use with your injection machine. then you could produce actually capable parts, quickly, with much MUCH more consistency.

this is what companies like kel tec and glock does. i don't understand why people aren't doing this. makes WAY more sense to me.

You cannot use FDM printed molds with an injection machine, they would just melt away. Now you can use high temp resin molds and there are DIY machines like the buster beagle that are cheaper.

However, have you seen the interior of even a very simple AR-15 lower? Let alone the small voids of a polymer pistol? Injection molding complex parts gets crazy very quickly.

Sorry but it just seems like you do not have much experience in the topic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom