The Polymersmith's Guild - AKA The 3D Printed Weapons Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Printed and put together a Thunderbolt LR308 lower . . . waiting for some other parts to complete it.

IMG_9767.jpg

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice man! I might have to try this one out. Print looks really good as well :thumb:
Thanks. Everything printed great right up to the very tail end of the grip. I walked into my office to find it knocked over and about 95% done. Not sure why it fell over, but it's good enough for me right now.

I might try to reprint it at some point.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having to tweak the AR-10 lower some. Might need to reprint some pieces to get it to fit just right. My latest print is a Mac-like clone, the Mac-N-Cheese v1.5.

Really easy to print and put together. My only issue is the main part of the frame is a little more warped than I'd like so I'm going to probably reprint it at some point.

Bought the Mac 11 upper first and then started printing everything else. It's the main frame, front rail, back top cap, a printed feed ramp and the printed retaining pin. I've got several pins and ramps printed as backups. Uses Glock mags.

A thread adapter to allow me to use one of my suppressors should be here next week.

IMG_9848.jpg

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having to tweak the AR-10 lower some. Might need to reprint some pieces to get it to fit just right. My latest print is a Mac-like clone, the Mac-N-Cheese v1.5.

Really easy to print and put together. My only issue is the main part of the frame is a little more warped than I'd like so I'm going to probably reprint it at some point.

Bought the Mac 11 upper first and then started printing everything else. It's the main frame, front rail, back top cap, a printed feed ramp and the printed retaining pin. I've got several pins and ramps printed as backups. Uses Glock mags.

A thread adapter to allow me to use one of my suppressors should be here next week.

View attachment 354635
Yo this is awesome!!! Can't believe I missed this!

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I missed this entire thread. How long to these 3D printers last after all of the cycles to print something like a lower?

They aren't expensive from most models that I've seen. Biggest cost is in the resin and thread?
I haven't really looked into how long the actual printer itself would last, but with the very reasonable cost of an entry level Ender 3 Pro I think if I can get over 5 years out of it I'll be happy. Outside of the rolls of polymer and whatever "upgrades" you decide to add it's pretty reasonable overall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom