The State Capitol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swatie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
To float a bond to pay for this is ridiculous and smacks of political contribution paybacks. Pay as we go, like a responsible adult, and do the fixes in stages. This should have started years ago when they blocked use of an entrance due to falling rock. The dome was done years ago, about 13 or 15 or so. Engineers claimed the building would hold it. Does make you wonder, but the building is about 100 years old. Fix it yes, in stages and pay with cash. We don't want to get into the same problem as DC.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think its cause the Dome is causing the cracks with its weight... but im no engineer
I don't think it's the weight. A lot of it is the facade falling down. Seems like they would have thought through the additional weight. But then again, they apparently didn't think about all the sunlight coming in the windows and the damage that's doing to all the artwork :-(

I think the dome was funded with donations and not taxpayer money. I am not sure but lightningcrash will be along shortly to correct me if I am wrong.
Yeah, seems like the majority of it was private/corporate donations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom