The Stock Market is Down ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/futures-fall-further-election-results-031550185.html

Sounds like people don't have much confidence in the way the election turned out.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Stocks dropped on Wednesday as investors renewed their focus on a looming fiscal showdown in Congress after the re-election of President Barack Obama, and comments by European Central Bank President Mario Draghi fed concern about Europe's debt crisis.
The S&P energy index dropped (REU:^GSPEI) 2 percent as companies in the sector will likely see more regulation in President Obama's second term, with less access to federal lands and water, even as the administration promotes energy independence.
With political uncertainty removed, investors attention swings to the looming "fiscal cliff" of some $600 billion in spending cuts and tax increases due to kick in next year, which could derail the U.S. economic recovery.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/where-to-put-your-money-if-obama-wins-2012-11-06

You could look it up. The S&P 500 has gained 76% since his inauguration in January 2009, while the Nasdaq 100 is up 128%.

Oh and who won the PEN

The only reason this is the case is because Bernanke has been printing money like a banshee. When it dawns on them that all they have is a pile of monopoly money, well...Katy bar the door, because it's going to make the GD look like a cakewalk.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only reason this is the case is because Bernanke has been printing money like a banshee. When it dawns on them that all they have is a pile of monopoly money, well...Katy bar the door, because it's going to make the GD look like a cakewalk.

This. And with QE infinity you'd better get your wheelbarrows ready.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Exactly - except that he's not actually printing. And it's why I've pulled most of my money out of the market, and won't put any more than I have to in the bank. There is far more "digital" dollars in the world than actual physical currency; what happens when people start to figure it out, panic, and try to pull their money out of the bank, and there's only a fraction of that cash that actually exists? So many people think they have money in the bank or in investments, but if they don't have anything physical or tangible, they don't have squat. As I say: "if it's not in your fist, it doesn't exist". With modern digital banking, it could be so, so easy to just revalue, or eliminate weath, so long as the masses keep their money in digital accounts.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly - except that he's not actually printing. And it's why I've pulled most of my money out of the market, and won't put any more than I have to in the bank. There is far more "digital" dollars in the world than actual physical currency; what happens when people start to figure it out, panic, and try to pull their money out of the bank, and there's only a fraction of that cash that actually exists? So many people think they have money in the bank or in investments, but if they don't have anything physical or tangible, they don't have squat. As I say: "if it's not in your fist, it doesn't exist". With modern digital banking, it could be so, so easy to just revalue, or eliminate weath, so long as the masses keep their money in digital accounts.

So what do you do with it right now? Paper money will be worthless and Gold and Silver are way overvalued right now. I share your sentiment but can't think of a "safe" thing to do with what little I have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom