The true meaning of Christmas...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had to post... I do it on other boards every year. Sorry if you do not believe (if you dont, I totally respect that, but Christmas does mean just one thing...)

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the misery I have seen lately, I find myself longing to be closer to God.

Awesome, Jeebs. And I think thats what it is all about. I dont care what religious flag you fly. The reason for the season is that right there. Coming closer to your God. Maybe if we all did that, and practiced a little more of what we preach... the world would be a better place.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know you have all have been grappling with his political ethos since the day he graced us,... but keep in mind... there are even liberals that love God.

Amen!!! I have a dear friend at church that likes to equate conservatives with Hitler, especially with me. Who knows, maybe he is just trying to goad me a bit. A while back he was faced with prostate cancer again, and I am so glad he is back in remission.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Heavens J B hope this is real & next week u are not saying <<gotcha>>

No, I am serious. I know some people are probably skeptical, and with the way I previously behaved, I don't blame them, but hopefully they will see in time.

Losing Steve hurts like crazy. He was the second friend I lost this month. Seeing those little children slaughtered too. I want to do my best to make the world around me better. I also see that in my arrogance, I was the one who was fooled. I was the fool to dismiss the threats to our liberty that exist.

This will sound very grandiose, but I almost feel like Saul on the Road to Tarsus. That's a little melodramatic, but I realize I have wasted a lot of time being a snide horse's ass, when I could have actually been doing some good. Anyway, I got a long ways to go, and I am sure I will stumble, but I'll just get up and keep going.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No, I am serious. I know some people are probably skeptical, and with the way I previously behaved, I don't blame them, but hopefully they will see in time.

Losing Steve hurts like crazy. He was the second friend I lost this month. Seeing those little children slaughtered too. I want to do my best to make the world around me better. I also see that in my arrogance, I was the one who was fooled. I was the fool to dismiss the threats to our liberty that exist.

This will sound very grandiose, but I almost feel like Saul on the Road to Tarsus. That's a little melodramatic, but I realize I have wasted a lot of time being a snide horse's ass, when I could have actually been doing some good. Anyway, I got a long ways to go, and I am sure I will stumble, but I'll just get up and keep going.

I know we have had our issues in the past but there are several people here that have your six, including me. Sometimes we just need to stop and take a look around you have more support than you may think! That's what makes it a community. Just my two cents... Merry Christmas!

Latest posts

Top Bottom