The true meaning of Christmas...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I am serious. I know some people are probably skeptical, and with the way I previously behaved, I don't blame them, but hopefully they will see in time.

Losing Steve hurts like crazy. He was the second friend I lost this month. Seeing those little children slaughtered too. I want to do my best to make the world around me better. I also see that in my arrogance, I was the one who was fooled. I was the fool to dismiss the threats to our liberty that exist.

This will sound very grandiose, but I almost feel like Saul on the Road to Tarsus. That's a little melodramatic, but I realize I have wasted a lot of time being a snide horse's ass, when I could have actually been doing some good. Anyway, I got a long ways to go, and I am sure I will stumble, but I'll just get up and keep going.

You sir, have my utmost respect. I will include you in my prayers.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what everyone should realize about Christmas is that we are put here to love. Even those who do not agree with us. That is truly what separates us from so many, our love for our fellow man. It is something I have struggled with all my life; allowing my pride to interfere with my love for my fellow man.

I wish everyone a great holiday, peace and love be with you all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I am serious. I know some people are probably skeptical, and with the way I previously behaved, I don't blame them, but hopefully they will see in time.

Losing Steve hurts like crazy. He was the second friend I lost this month. Seeing those little children slaughtered too. I want to do my best to make the world around me better. I also see that in my arrogance, I was the one who was fooled. I was the fool to dismiss the threats to our liberty that exist.

This will sound very grandiose, but I almost feel like Saul on the Road to Tarsus. That's a little melodramatic, but I realize I have wasted a lot of time being a snide horse's ass, when I could have actually been doing some good. Anyway, I got a long ways to go, and I am sure I will stumble, but I'll just get up and keep going.

Very well said. Most of us have had an life changing experience in our lives, that has made a major change in how we look at things. I know I'm different than I used to be.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am also having a difficult time this season. The re-election of Obama and losses in the Senate are a downer. Changes at work recently have been for the worse. The looming fiscal cliff and national debt are like a millstone. The recent spike in mass shootings perpetrated on strangers is bloody awful. The gleeful gun grabbers capitalizing on the tragedy surrounding us fills me with despair. Three days ago I awoke to find our little 11 year old lap kitty Annie, dead on the living room floor (third long term pet loss this year). Apparently it was an aneurysm or heart attack. That was the straw right there. I just broke down and bawled. My wife collapsed on the floor and held her for a solid hour, sobbing her guts out. She loves her pets more than most people and has damn near gone catatonic with grief. She's not even over the loss of the last one. It was tough to get her out of the house yesterday to attend the funeral of our good neighbor's father, who just passed with prostate cancer.

Quite frankly, we're not even wrapping our presents this year. When I look at them, I feel like tossing them in the trash. I am so despondent that I wonder why I bother. I haven't even been on here until today. I have to say though that I've been turning more to God for strength in these troubled times. I've been asking for forgiveness and praying, mostly for him to help others with their burdens. I'm a tough old bird and I'll pull myself up by my bootstraps and crawl out of this hole in due time. I worry about others who can't seem to muster the strength though. I'm concerned that should the need arise, will I have the strength to carry more than myself? I sure hope so.

Well, enough with the woe is me. Pretty soon I won't be able to stand myself! For those of you having a tough time this year, you're not alone. I pray for you to find the strength you need and enough left over to help others with their burdens. Even if you're not a religious person, I hope you feel some level of spirituality and inner peace. Lord knows we all could use a little of that these days...

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I truly understand . My wife has lost a couple family members in the last several months. I also found out a good friend of mine just lost his mother just this last Tuesday. If things like this do not get to you and make you think then you are not human. JB you are in my families thoughts and prayers.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am also having a difficult time this season. The re-election of Obama and losses in the Senate are a downer. Changes at work recently have been for the worse. The looming fiscal cliff and national debt are like a millstone. The recent spike in mass shootings perpetrated on strangers is bloody awful. The gleeful gun grabbers capitalizing on the tragedy surrounding us fills me with despair. Three days ago I awoke to find our little 11 year old lap kitty Annie, dead on the living room floor (third long term pet loss this year). Apparently it was an aneurysm or heart attack. That was the straw right there. I just broke down and bawled. My wife collapsed on the floor and held her for a solid hour, sobbing her guts out. She loves her pets more than most people and has damn near gone catatonic with grief. She's not even over the loss of the last one. It was tough to get her out of the house yesterday to attend the funeral of our good neighbor's father, who just passed with prostate cancer.

Quite frankly, we're not even wrapping our presents this year. When I look at them, I feel like tossing them in the trash. I am so despondent that I wonder why I bother. I haven't even been on here until today. I have to say though that I've been turning more to God for strength in these troubled times. I've been asking for forgiveness and praying, mostly for him to help others with their burdens. I'm a tough old bird and I'll pull myself up by my bootstraps and crawl out of this hole in due time. I worry about others who can't seem to muster the strength though. I'm concerned that should the need arise, will I have the strength to carry more than myself? I sure hope so.

Well, enough with the woe is me. Pretty soon I won't be able to stand myself! For those of you having a tough time this year, you're not alone. I pray for you to find the strength you need and enough left over to help others with their burdens. Even if you're not a religious person, I hope you feel some level of spirituality and inner peace. Lord knows we all could use a little of that these days...

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time Jerry. I hope things pick up and turn around for you.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the misery I have seen lately, I find myself longing to be closer to God.
I know what you mean, JB. I just got back from Will Rogers airport, where I went to pick up my oldest friend, who had flown in from Iraq to attend his mother's funeral, which is tomorrow at 10:00. I'm here to tell you that attending a funeral on Christmas Eve will fill you with the same sort of longing you mentioned.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Jerry, hang in there, this is probably my moms last christmas, so we are making this one super special.
Sad that we have to go through the best time of the year with a dark cloud over the top,
We have made the decision to proceed as if nothing is going on, and deal with the outcome when it happens.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will pray for you and your mother Dennis. I know you are a friend of George's and any friend of his has got to be a good spirit. May your Christmas be merry despite the hardship.

Latest posts

Top Bottom