The TRUE SOURCE of RANDOM & MASS SHOOTINGS and VIOLENCE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me step out of my lane long enough to get flamed.

If these were "normal, healthy" people to begin with and then were put on meds the video would have a point. However, that is not how it works. They were put on meds because something was wrong to begin with. Correlation does not mean causation.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If these were "normal, healthy" people to begin with and then were put on meds the video would have a point. However, that is not how it works. They were put on meds because something was wrong to begin with. Correlation does not mean causation.

+1

Interesting video.

Speaking from first hand experience with my ex, I wonder how many of these disturbed people are just on medications that don't seem to do any good also and either mask, change or even accentuate their underlying problems. There was one point in my ex's life when the medications she was taking only seemed to make her even WORSE. I personally admitted her to two different inpatient mental health facilities, spent thousands on psychiatric care, paid for dozens of different medications. Nothing seemed to solve the problems.

I don't know the answer, but from my experience, the mental health community doesn't seem to have them either.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Scoot over so I can stand in the same lane as you. What about the 99,999,999 who took those meds who didn't go over the edge last week, or on all of those other dates listed in the link? Yes these meds link these individuals together, but it still can't be the "only" reason why they would do it, yet again, we're back to multiple occurences happening to an individual over a period of time that don't get recognized or noticed. Disturbing? Yes, that these people would be so focused on only one aspect of the problem.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are fools if we think we understand the human mind well enough to apply chemicals to fix a problem. Unlike other sciences, most of the cause/effect relationships of medications are discovered by chance. And that process is still applied at the individual patient level- take this, if it doesn't work, we'll try something else. My daughter is having upper GI issues and that is the prescribed process we are going through right now, and the latest drug they prescribed could cause permanent, uncontrollable muscle twitching. Really? Who thinks that is worth it? There is no way I would allow any "doctor" to play guessing games with her mind.
As stated previously, many of these kids have real issues, but how many of those foundation issues are comparable to the possible side-effects? Were they already sociopaths? The drug industry's favorite retort is "Correlation does not mean causation" because it's nearly impossible to get to a definite causation when dealing with the mind. I'm not saying that psychotropic drugs will cause someone to snap, but when combined with all the other influences, are we destroying that last little bit of restraint?

diabjoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really believe our society is the source of these shootings. A facebook post has began circulating a statement from Morgan Freeman and the part I think is true is that we glorify violence on t.v. and in movies. I also think that today's youth have no idea about the consequences of their actions. No child left behind and the attitude of government handouts being normal has made people believe they can do whatever they want and the blame is never their own. It is scary when no one wants to bear the responsibility of their actions because the only way you can never be held responsible is if the choices were never yours to make. It feels like that is the type of society we are moving toward.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While it's clear many people take "meds" and are not a danger it seems that there are some problems with these meds.

SSRI Stories

This website is a collection of 4,800+ news stories with the full media article available, mainly criminal in nature, that have appeared in the media (newspapers, TV, scientific journals) or that were part of FDA testimony in either 1991, 2004 or 2006, in which antidepressants are mentioned.

http://www.ssristories.com/index.html

User Friendly: This massive index of over 4,800 cases [which contains over 100 categories] is now capable of showing singly the 13 most important categories by clicking on the following links:
Soldier Cases
School Shootings / Incidents
Journal Articles
Workplace Violence
Celebrity Cases
Highly Publicized Cases
Won SSRI Criminal Cases
Women Teacher Molestations
Postpartum Cases
Murder-Suicides
Murders / Murder Attempts
Suicides / Suicide Attempts