The Twins are done.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anchored so they'll protect your building if someone, say, backs a trailer into your garage but misses the hole.

Ahhhhh I see! No, just for looks. That “old barn” was built in 1952.

That would be a great idea if a guy wanted to protect his shop doors! You can find hydrants with 2-3 ft of pipe still on them. Dig deep and concrete at ground level.

The Caps on them can be taken off and concrete poured in them as well. I know some collectors that do so, it makes extremely heavy. So a guy could in essence have a solid 6 to 8” circumference solid concrete pole hidden inside a Fire Hydrant.

My old barn is just for a few zero turns, Gravley, and a few Rototillers. Lawn and Carpentry Tools. I have another shop.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anchored so they'll protect your building if someone, say, backs a trailer into your garage but misses the hole.

Told a buddy that is building a new shop about your question and explanation. He likes the idea, he is retired Fire Service as well. I doubt I ever build another, but if…..

Latest posts

Top Bottom