They call us “The Elderly”.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EA205C6E-278A-4352-8938-AACF2FD30479.jpeg

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which generation decided to hand out participation trophies for their precious children?

Being born in 65 I'm just out of the Boomer category, but I'd say culturally, Oklahoma may extend that "Boomer" slot a bit. Definitely went to schools that had Greatest Generation teachers, WW2 vets. and most had very old-fashioned values.

Very different culture by the time I got to high school. Lotsa liberals, Vietnam vets, next generation of teachers. They knew the system was BS in a lot of ways, tried to convince us that it was all wrong. As in most things, there's some truth in both versions.

Talking to guys that went to the same high school only a few years later, things really went south in the late 80s.

There were some pretty famous political guys in the 1960s that warned us about the direction the country was going. They are pretty much held up as bad guys now, but they were damn sure right.

Stand Up For America!
I'm becoming a deep thinker sense I have gotten old, and to lazy to do anything else. It occurred to me one day, that the greatest generation was also the generation that grew up in the great depression. I submit that growing up in the worst conditions imaginable, gave this generation of Americans the very tools, attitude, habits, work ethics, etc. they would soon need to save the world from tyranny, by accident, or design?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
All generations of Americans are good people for the most a part! Some are just unfortunate to be born into affluent times, where they were never FORCED to grow up!!! The vast majority of young Americans, are just as great as any generation before them, and they were faced with a constant BARRAGE of left wing propaganda from birth!! I'm not at all sure any generation of Americans, including mine, would have turned out as good as today's kids, under the same pressures!!! If push, ever come to shove, these American kids will do just fine!!!

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which generation decided to hand out participation trophies for their precious children?

Being born in 65 I'm just out of the Boomer category, but I'd say culturally, Oklahoma may extend that "Boomer" slot a bit. Definitely went to schools that had Greatest Generation teachers, WW2 vets. and most had very old-fashioned values.

Very different culture by the time I got to high school. Lotsa liberals, Vietnam vets, next generation of teachers. They knew the system was BS in a lot of ways, tried to convince us that it was all wrong. As in most things, there's some truth in both versions.

Talking to guys that went to the same high school only a few years later, things really went south in the late 80s.

There were some pretty famous political guys in the 1960s that warned us about the direction the country was going. They are pretty much held up as bad guys now, but they were damn sure right.

Stand Up For America!
God Bless the Profit, Joe McCarthy…..

Latest posts

Top Bottom