Think your favorite lock is safe.... Probably not.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree I have said that lock only keeps an honest person honest for a while. I saw him review this lock https://www.bowleylockcompany.com/store/p11/Bowley_Lock_Grade_3.html and am thinking about getting a set though. It will be easier for the criminals to just go through the wall if you have a good solid door that has everything properly anchored. BTW I do hope that most of you guys know that the little 3/4 inch screws in the hinges and the striker plates are not enough. Each hinge should have at least one screw that is long enough to anchor into the stud behind the door and the striker plates should have heavy shank screws that do the same. That actual door frame is one of the weakest points in the system. Even living in an apartment I change a few of the screws out.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And interestingly enough I may just be able to modify the current lock. Might have to buy a few thousand pins and wafers but once I get it done if anyone else wants the mod done I can probably do it for them.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a video on TV last night where a guy has this app on his iPhone and it reads your key fob and once he does that all he has to do is walk up to your car and use his phone to open the locks for easy grabbing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom