THINKING ABOUT A LASER. NEED SUGGESTIONS.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about adding a laser on to my Keltec Sub2000 gen 2. Never owned one before and don't know much about them My questions are what's a really good laser for in or around fifty bucks? What color is best red or green? I want one that is rechargeable and I want it to be a compact, slender package. I Want to attach it to a rail or M-lock slot. Probably not going to be for really long range shooting. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
what's a really good laser for in or around fifty bucks?
I don't think any exist except maybe on Amazon...might not last very long either. Anything worth its salt is gonna be in the hundreds for civilian use (even then, those are good-ish), but that's not to say there might be some on Amazon since they carry mostly chicom products.

What color is best red or green?
People tend to like Green (it's catches your eye) best but they both work equally well. Red is less of a power hog; easier on your eyes too.

I want one that is rechargeable and I want it to be a compact, slender package
You'll have to weigh laser color, run time, and power (brightness) against this most likely. Make sure the rechargeables are replaceable.

I Want to attach it to a rail or M-lock slot.
I've only seen lasers with a Pic mount...I'd have to go look and see. You can put a Pic rail on an M-Lok

Probably not going to be for really long range shooting.
Given your requirements, you might get 10m in the day and 25-75m at night...maybe a little more but not much before it either poops out or the spot is too big to be useable.

Last edited:

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't think of anything that's not a made in China amazon special at that price point, and honestly visible lasers as a primary or even secondary aiming device are largely frowned upon nowadays. If you're dead set and serious about this, I wouldn't do ANYTHING cheaper/lower quality than a Holosun LS117

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy any of these personally, but if you're on a budget, then here's a few that might be worth looking at if you have extra Jacksons to burn:

https://pintydevices.com/collections/lasers/products/laser-gls-0000-gr?avad=194130_a2bcd233d
Just like the above except different company name
https://www.amazon.com/Green-Laser-...8bb2b0cdc97d2c5208ec6f9425324f&language=en_US
https://www.amazon.com/Ade-Advanced...3e3a36237a4872859cb76ebb6a6d77&language=en_US
Sh*tmark will probably have some cheaper lasers as well. Most out there available won't meet all your requirements.
https://sightmark.com/collections/laser-sights/

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't think of anything that's not a made in China amazon special at that price point, and honestly visible lasers as a primary or even secondary aiming device are largely frowned upon nowadays. If you're dead set and serious about this, I wouldn't do ANYTHING cheaper/lower quality than a Holosun LS117
Vis lasers are for non-NV and for when the lights go on...don't think he's gonna be clearing rooms anytime soon.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vis lasers are for non-NV and for when the lights go on...don't think he's gonna be clearing rooms anytime soon.
Even then I've seen a lot of "high speed" dudes clowning on vis lasers for any purpose except zeroing a slaved IR laser. I think they can have a spot in your kit, especially if you had to engage indoors with something long that prevented effective use of your sights, but that's a super niche scenario (and not a fight I would take outside of some extreme circumstances). This is all just my opinion though, I'm not a high-speed dude by any means.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even then I've seen a lot of "high speed" dudes clowning on vis lasers for any purpose except zeroing a slaved IR laser. I think they can have a spot in your kit, especially if you had to engage indoors with something long that prevented effective use of your sights, but that's a super niche scenario (and not a fight I would take outside of some extreme circumstances). This is all just my opinion though, I'm not a high-speed dude by any means.
Correct, they do have a place. That's why the NGAL pad has a vis override button...for exactly day, lights on and room stuff.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all of you have kind of opened my eyes to some degree on these lasers which, as I said earlier, I know next to nothing about. So now I have a little something to go on. I'm really not ready to spend several hundred dollars so maybe I'll just hold off for a bit and think about it. I do appreciate all of the good information.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom