This is disturbing on so many levels ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And before anyone gets on my butt, I was on food stamps for a bit -- a long, long time ago. I used them to buy GROCERIES with ... not junk food ... GROCERIES. I had more food in my house then than I do now and I had 3 growing boys ...

These people are what is wrong with this country ... Them, the liberals and the politicians that cater to them. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are many of the same people who would tell you there are no jobs available. It is a plague that will eventually take us down.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard times for lots of people but I question their resolve to become independent and get off of food stamps. "me and my six kids"? Six kids, are you kidding me?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are many of the same people who would tell you there are no jobs available. It is a plague that will eventually take us down.

I will admit there was a period of time when I was receiving both AFDC (they call it something else now I think) and food stamps and was not working (18 months or so). There was a MUCH longer period of time (3 years) where I WAS working and still receiving a reduced rate of food stamps. HOWEVER, I was also paying approx. $8-900 a month for day care that I made $75 a month too much to qualify for assistance with.

The whole system is screwed up. You are either completely dependent on it or you suffer.

I think that if you are NOT working you should not qualify at all. I took several jobs that I would rather have not and worked 2 jobs the entire time I had kids at home to provide for them, except for the 18 months that I had medical issues. I had my middle son on Tuesday and was back to work on Wednesday afternoon.

I know a lot of folks here these days are underemployed or really can't find work. But not taking a job because you think it is beneath you or not getting enough education to enable you to fill out an application is no excuse and should not be rewarded ... Just as ovulating on a regular basis should not be rewarded.

Sorry guys ... this is a real sore spot with me. I can't tell you how many times over that 18 month period I sat in the welfare office and listened to how the majority of these folks were gaming the system. In fact, I had a DHS worker tell me one time that if I didn't take the day off work to come in for some appointment with them she would just have them cut my food stamps off. I very nearly lost my job over that deal.

Just last month I sat in Barnes and Noble and watched a 20 something young woman PAY a middle-aged woman of color to coach her on how to work the system. The last thing the older woman said to the younger woman as she was getting ready to leave was "Now remember, work that babies' daddy but don't let him move in with you. If you do, you'll lose everything."

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There are millions of jobs available. Millions of them. If our government cut-off endless unemployment benefits and sent the illegal aliens back home every who wanted to work could. They always say illegals do the jobs Americans won't. Americans won't do them cause they don't have to.

Cut off those unemployment checks and thousands of Americans will be lining up to be roofers, carpenters, bricklayers and fruit pickers. They'll have no choice if they wanna eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom