This is why I would hesitate to EVER draw CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nman-targeting-cops-killed-police-bullet.html

The cops seem to always kill the good guy indiscriminately. If you were forced into a situation of saving lives in public, as soon as the cops show up they will probably cap you as a "gunman".

They even shoot at each other sometimes when multiple agencies are involved. Is better training the answer or what?

EDIT: not sure of the timing, but if was me, I'd have it holstered immediately after the bad guy was down...perhaps he was still brandishing it when they saw him (but of course the timing matters). If the bad guy ambushed the cops, then that probably answers that. No good deed goes unpunished, I'm sure the officer who made the mistake will be fine though (sarcastically).

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the cops are already there, leave your **** in the holster, and get out of their way.

Probably so, but they bad guy shot an officer in this case, so perhaps the good Samaritan saved the lives of others? We see other cases where someone driving by helps a cop subdue a bad guy or even cases where they've helped a cop who was pinned down or injured in a shootout. It would be hard to turn a blind eye if you knew you could help...but stories like this makes your point seem much more logical than "they way things should be".

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably so, but they bad guy shot an officer in this case, so perhaps the good Samaritan saved the lives of others? We see other cases where someone driving by helps a cop subdue a bad guy or even cases where they've helped a cop who was pinned down or injured in a shootout. It would be hard to turn a blind eye if you knew you could help...but stories like this makes your point seem much more logical than "they way things should be".
Im not saying to not help a cop in trouble out.

BUT, Reading the article, the impression I got was there were other cops already there. And if thats the case, well I can understand how this guy got shot. Its not a good idea to draw your gun around cops 99.9999999999999999999999 % of the time. Especially during a active shooter event

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off, I have no intention of being a “hero”. I carry a gun for personal defense only. If you shoot at me, I will shoot back, but if someone is shooting at cops, that’s the cop’s problem. Second, I know too many cops and their gun handling skills, so I would want to get as far away from that mess as possible. I can easily see how someone could be hit with a “stray” bullet.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off, I have no intention of being a “hero”. I carry a gun for personal defense only. If you shoot at me, I will shoot back, but if someone is shooting at cops, that’s the cop’s problem. Second, I know too many cops and their gun handling skills, so I would want to get as far away from that mess as possible. I can easily see how someone could be hit with a “stray” bullet.
I watched video the other day on Donut Operators channel where they were mag dumping THROUGH A CAR WITH INNOCENT PEOPLE IN IT. I was amazed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom