Thompson 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking @ a Thompson 1911 2mrrw. Any thumbs up on these? I think they may be made by Khar, or Auto Ordinance???? Its reasonably priced (FTF),and would be my first 1911.

They're made by Auto Ordinance (but they're no where near the old-school crappy surplus 1911 parts fitted together now that they're not in the old factory anymore).

Auto Ordinance is owned by Kahr now - I just sold my Thompson Custom 1911 and I sort of regret it, but I sold it to someone "in the family" so I reserve the right to get it back first :D

Its made on a cast frame (so are the GI plain-jane version and the "Delux" A1 model from what I hear).

Casting could be better, some of the fit/finish could be better, but its a very nice American made 1911 (a fact that Springfield can't claim anymore in a 1911 in that price-range).

Like any mid-range 1911, it will require work - it contains a lot of MiM parts, so be prepared for that - none of the 1911s in the same price-range will be able to say they don't have all of the exact same issues as this one does.

All in all, its a good gun.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Id agree with EZ Bake. Good guns for the price. I have one n had some work done to it. My main problems isnt the gun but my mags n week springs. All in all you will like it for the price.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Kahr version is made by Auto Ordanance of Worchester Mass., Be cautioned, You DO NOT want an Auto Ordanance with a West Hurley, NY Roll mark. These are an older version prior to Kahr and the Quality Control was Spotty at best. I had the Kahr GI version and it was a fine shooter, Fairly true to the original.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ez-bake...

"You sold your 1911!"...:homer: ...*&^% must be early Alzheimers

Barry

I knew it was only a matter of time before you found out man :D

I sold it to my neighbor as it was the last of my .45s, but I'll probably buy it back from him since I already have some serious seller's remorse. Its still "in the family" so to speak.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info! Checked it out today, and it was pretty worn and the spring was weak, and it just felt "loose", and it did have the questionable early roll stamp. Think I'll wait for the next one. Thanks again.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ez-bake...

"You sold your 1911!"...:homer: ...*&^% must be early Alzheimers

Barry

I knew it was only a matter of time before you found out man :D

I sold it to my neighbor as it was the last of my .45s, but I'll probably buy it back from him since I already have some serious seller's remorse. Its still "in the family" so to speak.

haha, you're in trouble:tounge2:

I saw the pics in the classifieds when you sold it, I'd have seller's remorse too. It's a very nice looking pistol. You should do everthing possible to get it back as quick as you can. Beg, borrow, steal if you have to, you're just going to regret it more & more every day until you do. Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom