Thoughts on Mini 14 value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does... Along with several other million people who own, or have owned, them.

Must be why Ruger has been able to sell every single one they can build for going on 50 years...for some pretty premium prices.

Probably just a fad gun... Like home computers...

The Mini 14 has a following for sure , and they are built reasonably well even if the design is not a great. I can think of a lot of products which are not awesome from an engineering standpoint but they still have a following .

For those who are bike enthusiasts here Campagnolo drive trains and brakes had the same reputation fo and were known for being well built with poor shifting and braking qualities.

Frank Berto said they were poorly engineered but so well built that they will continue shifting poorly for decades

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Mini 14 has a following for sure , and they are built reasonably well even if the design is not a great. I can think of a lot of products which are not awesome from an engineering standpoint but they still have a following .

For those who are bike enthusiasts here Campagnolo drive trains and brakes had the same reputation fo and were known for being well built with poor shifting and braking qualities.

Frank Berto said they were poorly engineered but so well built that they will continue shifting poorly for decades
I use to have a 79 Trek road bike from back when they were hand brazed in a garage. Had campagnolo down tube friction shifters. It was like the bathtub porshe of bicycles. I crushed alot of dudes on carbon fiber wearing spandex with that bike. I bought it from a friend on the condition that he could buy it back when he got money. He's a doctor now.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
never_go_full_retard1.jpg

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know you do, and I have been tempted! Unfortunately my chicken scratch only goes so far right now.
That’s where a well maintained rat hole (sneaky money) comes into play. 😉
Grampa always said “you don’t have to drop your pants to show you’re an ass.” Some folks are just contrarian trolls and argue for no other reason then they enjoy the foolish activity. I had a cousin like that, sadly he passed away at 28 years old. That kid would tell you the sky was green just to start trouble. What a miserable way to go through life. They have my pity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom