Thoughts on the SIG P238

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reviews of the 238 are very good. I considered one, but can't bite off on the locked and cocked idea in my pocket - and I'm not sure how well that's gonna work out in a purse in her case. I'd go the Crossbreed microclip route, but they don't make one for the 238 yet.

They're hard to find, but look at a Kahr P380. It's softer shooting than the LCP, has real sights, and is more accurate. I've had both, and there's no comparison. That's not a ding on the LCP as much as it's a nod to the Kahr.

That being said, what about a Kahr PM9 (or MK9)? Only a little bigger than an LCP or P380, and not as bulky than a G26. You can get either with night sights, and the Crossbreed microclip works with them.

+1 I would try a KAHR. I've had two and they are great CC guns. The CW9 is great and the PM9 or 380. I would also strongly recommend Smart Carry. I see women advertised on their webpage but have never heard of any real live stories. Seems this would be a great carry method for women and the KAHR work great. I am currently carrying a Kel-Tec PF9 with SmartCarry.

bcox

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a p238 and I love it, great sights. I have shot a lcp and didn't care much for it. I have a crossbreed mini tuck for it.

And I haven't had any problems yet, feeds cheap monarch brass fine

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got my mom one for Christmas last year and I really like this gun, not for my tastes as far as caliber, but mom likes the light recoil. I'm not a great shooter, but can hold my own and put together some nice groups at 15yd. I have shot the lcp and for my bear paw hands, it was just to small. All in all, good little pistol.

shooterdc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking into getting a SIG P238 for my wife as a purse carry. Has anyone had any experience with them. Are they accurate, how is the trigger pull, anyone have any reliability problems with them? I already know they had a recall for the slide safety but they seemed to be fixed now. My wife does not want a full sized auto because it is too bulky in her purse. She does not want to carry an LCP or LCR or a Smith J frame becasue she does not like the trigger and is afraid it will effect her accuracy any thoughts or other suggestions.

You sure you're talking about a 238? I'm a Sig guy and I don't believe I've heard of a 238. I do have lot's of experience with all kinds of Sig's as I said. I do think a 239 is maybe what you're talking about and they a great gun. I have one. Never had a problem. If you would like to talk about it PM me.
:gun2:

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom