Thunderbird Run 'n Gun, July 13, 2013 -- do you have what it takes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got word that Roughneck Firearms will be there with goodies for sale. Roughneck is a dealer that did not hike prices after the Sandy Hook shooting.

cableguy221

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I googled Thunderbird Run and Gun and found this thread. I'm a regular on arfcom which I'm sure some of yall visit.

Anyway, I'm debating if I should run in body armor this weekend. Additionally, I could always run in a gas mask that I use to workout it, but that will make shooting a *****(I'll suck enough as it is). I'll probably go with one of my beatup uniforms and boots to run in at the least though. It will make it hotter/running sucks more in boots.

If I run in my self abusing gear I will look something like this. I won't look tacticool since its my training vest/mask and not my duty, but it will make things more fun.

i.imgur.com_3YyWRDr.jpg

(me after a workout a week ago, the highspeed mag pouch is for my phone for music)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get signed up? I'd be a hoot to see you run it in that get up.

A buddy at work has promised to run it with me next time; He wants to run it Okie style in overalls, boots, a Mosin Nagant and a pair of cap and ball colts.

cableguy221

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you get signed up? I'd be a hoot to see you run it in that get up.

A buddy at work has promised to run it with me next time; He wants to run it Okie style in overalls, boots, a Mosin Nagant and a pair of cap and ball colts.
I was one of the first people to sign up back in the Spring. I did the Battleroadusa run and gun(same type of deal) and looked for more events like it to do. I also competed in Survival Trial IV Daybreaker back in May. Survival Trial was a lot of fun, but it was a different type of event. It was a lot more miles and a lot more weight(we brought extra weight for some for training value which we regretted 20 miles into it).

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome.

I think it's great that there are more and more adventure type challenges these days...regular old 5K, 10K runs are too boring to capture my attention.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should check out the Pecos Run N Gun. It's where all this got started.

as for the gas mask, they do indeed hinder your shooting abilties. "4 Dead in Ohio" at Kent State would more likely have been "58 Dead in Ohio", if the National Guard hadn't been wearing gas masks....

cableguy221

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should check out the Pecos Run N Gun. It's where all this got started.

as for the gas mask, they do indeed hinder your shooting abilties. "4 Dead in Ohio" at Kent State would more likely have been "58 Dead in Ohio", if the National Guard hadn't been wearing gas masks....
I'll be on active duty by the time Pecos rolls around again in the fall. I'm out of here once I finish my master's next month.

Yeah, gas masks just make everything suck more.....but tear gas sucks worse

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been 4 cancellations recently, and so far none of the folks on the wait list have taken the spots. If you want to sign up, get on the wait list and I will release a ticket to you. Or you can just PM or email me and we can get it done.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There have been 4 cancellations recently, and so far none of the folks on the wait list have taken the spots. If you want to sign up, get on the wait list and I will release a ticket to you. Or you can just PM or email me and we can get it done.

This event should be sold out! How many active or semi-active "shooters" do we have on this forum? $45 for a day of fitness, shooting, a meal and a shirt? A lot of folks "talk" about preparedness and SHTF...this is a chance to test your training, mindset, and gear.

Worried about your fitness? I'll probably end up walking next to you.
Worried about gear? Stuff your mags in some old BDU pockets and grab your rifle.

If you are having trouble with the eventbrite wait list feature, do like henschman said and just get directly in touch with him. He'll get you squared away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom