Thunderbird Run 'n Gun, July 13, 2013 -- do you have what it takes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This event should be sold out! How many active or semi-active "shooters" do we have on this forum? $45 for a day of fitness, shooting, a meal and a shirt? A lot of folks "talk" about preparedness and SHTF...this is a chance to test your training, mindset, and gear.

Worried about your fitness? I'll probably end up walking next to you.
Worried about gear? Stuff your mags in some old BDU pockets and grab your rifle.

If you are having trouble with the eventbrite wait list feature, do like henschman said and just get directly in touch with him. He'll get you squared away.

Hear, hear!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think this event may show this old fat man how much he needs to work out more. I have been running and looking forward to it. I have got to get my rifle out this week and shoot it at some long ranges and I will be ready as I can get. I've been running on the OSU cross country track and it has a lot of ups and downs and I have been having to walk some of it too. Quite a few stops and starts but I am making it 1/2 mile at a time. May be tougher with the kit on. I am going to have fun anyway and just do the best I can. See you guys Saturday.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my last full run in yesterday after work...2.1 miles in 99 degrees. That wasn't very smart. Here's hoping for a early start time for SMS! Going for a shorter shakedown run with my kit tonight...then I'm hydrating until Saturday LOL.

How many open slots now Daniel?

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't make it this year, but I really like the looks of this. I'm hoping this happens again next year. Do you have any idea when you'll know if that's going to happen?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got my last full run in yesterday after work...2.1 miles in 99 degrees. That wasn't very smart. Here's hoping for a early start time for SMS! Going for a shorter shakedown run with my kit tonight...then I'm hydrating until Saturday LOL.

How many open slots now Daniel?

I ended up getting my wisdom teeth yanked on Monday, so I've had the pleasure of being on a liquid diet the past few days. I just hope it's healed up enough to drink through the camelbak by saturday. I also decided to slim down my kit and am just running a MOLLE belt with suspenders and camelbak. New mag pouches should be here tomorrow and out to the range I go one last time before Saturday.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd planned on taking the lightest practical pistol I owned- my eldest daughter's G19. Haven't shot it much, so I spent time shooting yesterday. I sucked with it so badly, I went back inside and grabbed a 1911 just to confirm that I hadn't lost my marbles.

I shot fine with the 1911, so started hunting for enough mags and ammo. Found mags but the only non premium ammo I had in bulk was the last of a problem batch that's been sitting for 10-11 years. It has 225gr bullets that were sold as being ok for 45LC or ACP. They fed like crap in my 1911s and they got tossed into a box. But, after a trip back through the press for a bit deeper seating and Lee FCD treatment, they run well through my G21's sloppy chamber.

So, now I've doubled my pistol ammo weight which still isn't that bad. At least I can hit what I'm aiming for. Stuck in Lawton for a 2 day medical class, then a straight shot to Tulsa tomorrow for a quick family getaway. I'll head out from there early Saturday for the match.

I'll be the guy with smokey pistol reloads. Hope it's hot!

Latest posts

Top Bottom