Tim tebow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea why everyone gets their panties wadded up over his "faith" or showing off of said faith ... My problem with him is he is NOT a quarterback of NFL quality. If John Elway didn't have such a hard on for him, he'd have already been dropped. Tim Tebow has not won the majority of the overtime games he has been credited for winning. The Broncos should THANK GOD that the rest of the team can carry Tebow. But that can only go on for so long ...

Agree completely. Doesn't help that I'm a Chiefs fan, but the whole hype over him is unwarranted, as far as I'm concerned. In fact, he gets more props for being a Christian than a quarterback.

I'm one who dislikes the whole religious displays that have become popular in football. I want to watch a game of sports, not a revival or a demonstration of whichever or whatever religion one believes in. "We won, and I give all the glory to God". So I guess the other team can say "thanks for screwing us out of the game, God"? Pointing at the sky when you score? Maybe the d-backs should flip off the sky when they get burnt for a TD. Just play the game, please. God doesn't give two sh*ts whether you win or lose a silly game. Thanking him for not being paralyzed during the game would be more appropriate. I can get on board with that. Now it's flame suit time.

MikesB12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree completely. Doesn't help that I'm a Chiefs fan, but the whole hype over him is unwarranted, as far as I'm concerned. In fact, he gets more props for being a Christian than a quarterback.

I'm one who dislikes the whole religious displays that have become popular in football. I want to watch a game of sports, not a revival or a demonstration of whichever or whatever religion one believes in. "We won, and I give all the glory to God". So I guess the other team can say "thanks for screwing us out of the game, God"? Pointing at the sky when you score? Maybe the d-backs should flip off the sky when they get burnt for a TD. Just play the game, please. God doesn't give two sh*ts whether you win or lose a silly game. Thanking him for not being paralyzed during the game would be more appropriate. I can get on board with that. Now it's flame suit time.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
John Elway doesn't have a hard on for him. He actually doesn't really care for him. Teblow is definitely not an nfl caliber qb and his wins came against bad teams. Last 2 games when they played decent teams they were annihilated. His best bet is to go into the seminary or go back and be an assistant at florida or another ncaa school.

P.S. I am not a butthurt fan of some team he beat, my team beat the broncos pretty handily.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"We won, and I give all the glory to God". So I guess the other team can say "thanks for screwing us out of the game, God"? Pointing at the sky when you score? Maybe the d-backs should flip off the sky when they get burnt for a TD. Just play the game, please. God doesn't give two sh*ts whether you win or lose a silly game. Thanking him for not being paralyzed during the game would be more appropriate. I can get on board with that. Now it's flame suit time.

Giving all glory to God doesn't mean the guy felt that God helped them win. He means that he gives all the glory he might be receiving to God, because without God he wouldn't have been able to play as well as he did. Basically saying he couldn't have done it on his own.

If someone wants to point to the sky, more power to them. I don't think they should hide their religious beliefs for you or anyone else. That's hardly a "revival".

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Giving all glory to God doesn't mean the guy felt that God helped them win. He means that he gives all the glory he might be receiving to God, because without God he wouldn't have been able to play as well as he did. Basically saying he couldn't have done it on his own.

And since the opposing team didn't play as well as they could have, God wasn't there for them, no matter how much time they spent on their knees. I think God has bigger and better things to concern himself with.

If someone wants to point to the sky, more power to them. I don't think they should hide their religious beliefs for you or anyone else. That's hardly a "revival".

Maybe the Muzzie players will start bowing to the East when they score. Then we'll certainly hear an outcry of how unnecessary religious displays in sports are.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And since the opposing team didn't play as well as they could have, God wasn't there for them, no matter how much time they spent on their knees. I think God has bigger and better things to concern himself with.

Just because one team plays well doesn't mean the other does not. Furthermore, God can be more present to a team that loses than to one that wins.

Maybe the Muzzie players will start bowing to the East when they score. Then we'll certainly hear an outcry of how unnecessary religious displays in sports are.

Religious displays are not unnecessary in sports. Many athletes are athletes AND believers, and the two are not mutually exclusive.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]
Mister Biggsly, The reason is, that the left hand picture shows practitioners of the religion of peace and tolerance, reverently bowing toward meca, or whatever. The right hand image on the other hand, depicts a BLOOD THIRSTY CHRISTIAN, who worships Jesus Christ, and that is just not acceptable.

L

Lee46

He made it to the NFL. Must have some level of talent. He's living his dream and not ashamed of his faith. I don't see how so many feel anger toward him. Doesn't make sense to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom