Time to shame our lawmakers into doing their jobs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, the lawmakers should do their jobs, huh? Suppose someone tells them that their job is to restrict guns and firearms-related stuff still further.

Be careful what you wish for.
Their "job" is primarily to support the constitution, and to pass no laws that are not within that realm.

What someone "tells" them should be on a very large scale of moot.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in grade school many years ago, my teacher said that we send only the best to Washington to represent us. If this is the case today, we are in deep doo-doo because they aren't the best, they just have the most money from nefarious sources.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since Texas Democratic Party legislators are planning on leaving the state to prevent a quorum for the special session over voting reforms, I'd say that maybe we should shame them to get them to resign.

And, how about docking their pay for not doing their job? Better yet, just appoint other folks to their positions and go on with their special session. (Yeah...probably not allowed by their constitution.)

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember Kansas has a law that allows residents to possess suppressors without going through the NFA. Dealers are also allowed to sale them. The state was supposed to have the citizens backs but when the feds came in they arrested those two guys and Kansas did NOTHING to stop them. The law was just for show. And where those two men took their case to the scotus Trump urged them to not take up the case. Picture that.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be happy just to be able to make my own without the federal government crawling up my ass and charging me for the privilege.

Can you imagine the run on parts if that was ever the case for anything under the NFA? It would be an awesome site to see.

JR777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember Kansas has a law that allows residents to possess suppressors without going through the NFA. Dealers are also allowed to sale them. The state was supposed to have the citizens backs but when the feds came in they arrested those two guys and Kansas did NOTHING to stop them. The law was just for show. And where those two men took their case to the scotus Trump urged them to not take up the case. Picture that.
Yea but if a lot of states do it, and a lot of people do it within the laws of those states, it will make it that much harder for the feds to enforce. Those guys also poked the bear by manufacturing and selling them. It's a lot easier for the feds to argue it falls under interstate commerce if they're actually being sold on a retail level, vs. some guy just making it at home. So that wasn't really the test case we wanted sent to SCOTUS anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom