to chemo or not to chemo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I'm ever diagnosed with cancer, I'll be treated at the OU Cancer Hospital in OKC. Place is amazing and using cutting edge treatment and clinical trials. My Friend's wife had stage 5 ovarian cancer and was fundamentally cured. She has to take a maintainer drug once a month to keep her in remission. She's going to be in some new genetic based trials next year. I'd fight till my last breath just for my family.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found out 2-3 weeks ago I have leukemia AML and I start chemo tomorrow, we are at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN now. I hope the chemo does well or I will face a stem cell transplant. I hope I can be well enough to hunt the Salt Plains on December 1-3.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know this can be a really frightening time. Keep a positive outlook -- it really does help when dealing with everything ...

OKSpeedDemon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have that skin crawling and tingling all the time, from my shoulders down my right arm and all over my head, neck and face. GC can tell you there are times when it is so irritating to me that the slightest little thing will set me off ... Today has been one of those days, I'm sure because of the weather changes coming ...

Still, my problems are minor compared to what you and Goathead are dealing with. My prayers to you also.

Thank you!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the sound of this. Why isnt it being used more often?
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/276966.php

Reading between the lines, it appears that it may useful only on those with "limited exposure to the measles virus" so less antibodies to it. Would probably puts most boomers and other older folks out of the picture as candidates.

My younger sister had colon cancer that had spread to other organs before it was detected. Surgery got most of it and she was feeling better until the chemo started - she made it six months and then died just after her 44th birthday. I'm convinced it was the chemo that killed her, so it would be pretty tough for me to ever agree to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom