Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone had it? My Dad has been in the hospital most all of this week and the doctors just diagnosed him with that. He is 78 years old and was wondering how quick we should be expecting him to recover. He was generally in good health prior to getting sick around a 1.5 weeks ago. Thanks for any info.
I’m only a yr younger than your father. That stuff is a real threat to one’s quality of life at this age. Hope and pray he gets quality care and all goes well One of our men at church in his 40s had and can no longer eat meat of any kind

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the Spotted fever probably 12 or so years ago. On the job during the summer, when cold chills overtook me. I was freezing to death in my office. Co-worker notified management and they called my wife which was 30 minutes away.
Made it down to my truck and got inside with three coats on while still freezing.
She took me to Stillwater hospital admitting that treated me like a drug overdose victim until the blood work came back showing positive RMSF.
They administered IV drugs and had me stay for several hours. Within a week, I was back on the job.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of our men at church in his 40s had and can no longer eat meat of any kind
Evan Hafer of BRCC said he had that complication from (IIRC) Lyme's disease. The only red meat he could eat for something like a year was venison and elk, but he eventually got to where he could eat beef again.

That would flat out suck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom