To OC or not to OC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SDA is a short, 70-something page pamphlet. If you carry a gun under the SDA, or are considering doing so. READ THE BOOK!!!

I'm always astounded by the questions of "Oh, we can't do that?" or "Oh, that's allowed?"

True, but there are always details and not all of us MEMORIZE the book, and there there are grey areas. So there is nothing wrong with seeking help from others too. Better to ask here than end up needing bail money because you carried where you shouldnt have.

locknload

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pistol Packin' Honey, I see in your profile that your residence is Tulsa. You mentioned that just this past weekend
you were open carrying at a restaurant. If memory serves, open carry in Oklahoma is not legal until 1 November.

Were you out of town in a state that allows open carry? Or were you here in Oklahoma? And from what I've seen here
in Tulsa, most of the banks here have signs saying "No Firearms" allowed. If you go into a bank here, & you carry concealed,
then they may not realize that you are armed.

If they do find out that you are carrying due to, say, exaggerated printing or your shirt comes up, or whatever, they can just ask you to leave.
If you honor their request and leave, then no harm, no foul. But, I am curious as to where you were when you were open carrying this past weekend.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pistol Packin' Honey, I see in your profile that your residence is Tulsa. You mentioned that just this past weekend
you were open carrying at a restaurant. If memory serves, open carry in Oklahoma is not legal until 1 November.

Were you out of town in a state that allows open carry? Or were you here in Oklahoma? And from what I've seen here
in Tulsa, most of the banks here have signs saying "No Firearms" allowed. If you go into a bank here, & you carry concealed,
then they may not realize that you are armed.

If they do find out that you are carrying due to, say, exaggerated printing or your shirt comes up, or whatever, they can just ask you to leave.
If you honor their request and leave, then no harm, no foul. But, I am curious as to where you were when you were open carrying this past weekend.

If you re-read her post you will see it is a story by somebody else from a different website.
First sentence she says -stolen fair and square from another 2A site.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should also know that businesses are not required to post a sign. A business owner can pick and choose who they want to carry in their business. And to clear something up, you can carry a gun onto school property as long as you are there for a short amount of time (as in picking some one up) No you can't enter the building nor can you lock it in your car and go inside. I'm saying you can be carrying in your car as long as you are picking up or dropping someone off. Violation of this is a FELONY.....along with government buildings...i.e. post office, courthouse, etc...

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should also know that businesses are not required to post a sign. A business owner can pick and choose who they want to carry in their business. And to clear something up, you can carry a gun onto school property as long as you are there for a short amount of time (as in picking some one up) No you can't enter the building nor can you lock it in your car and go inside. I'm saying you can be carrying in your car as long as you are picking up or dropping someone off. Violation of this is a FELONY.....along with government buildings...i.e. post office, courthouse, etc...

With state and city government buildings though, you can leave your firearm in your car in the parking lot.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wonder if people even notice.

There was a guy in the coffee shop today with an empty holster (SERPA for a J-frame LOL) on his belt. After I left I asked my gf if she noticed it and she said no. I imagine that if there had been a gun in the holster, no one would have noticed either. Then again, it's a tiny holster for a tiny gun so at a glance it might be mistaken for a cell phone or something.

The only problem with OC is the people who go out of their way to make sure that people notice.

I don't plan to open carry, though I will enjoy knowing that if I accidentally expose the gun somehow I'm not breaking any laws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom