To OC or not to OC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a guy in the coffee shop today with an empty holster (SERPA for a J-frame LOL) on his belt. After I left I asked my gf if she noticed it and she said no. I imagine that if there had been a gun in the holster, no one would have noticed either. Then again, it's a tiny holster for a tiny gun so at a glance it might be mistaken for a cell phone or something.

The only problem with OC is the people who go out of their way to make sure that people notice.

I don't plan to open carry, though I will enjoy knowing that if I accidentally expose the gun somehow I'm not breaking any laws.

I've OCd before in Nevada and in Colorado. I'd say that more than 2/3 of the people I came across never even noticed. Small children often notice, since it's at their eye level.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a guy in the coffee shop today with an empty holster (SERPA for a J-frame LOL) on his belt. After I left I asked my gf if she noticed it and she said no. I imagine that if there had been a gun in the holster, no one would have noticed either. Then again, it's a tiny holster for a tiny gun so at a glance it might be mistaken for a cell phone or something.

The only problem with OC is the people who go out of their way to make sure that people notice.

I don't plan to open carry, though I will enjoy knowing that if I accidentally expose the gun somehow I'm not breaking any laws.
Breaking the Law ...No
But still probable of causing an....incident
Nothing changes....beside I've got alll those really nice IWB holsters

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Banks are not prohibited places. They are private property just like any other business and are free to post no weapons signs if they wish.

I agree. I don't think that banks are not off limits, since they are private property. Shouldn't be an issue even if they post a sign. If you open carry into a bank they will likely ask you to leave, and you'll need to leave or you will be trespassing and will likely get arrested if you don't leave. If there is a guard he'll likely give you some attitude and may press the issue to detain you without giving you the option to leave. So, just carry concealed an no one will know.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been carrying an empty holster for more than a year in OKC. No "incidents"
Thanks for doing that.
I wouldnt mind being wrong on this, but the attitude around here by some is to the contrary.
In our local Jailbird magazine a Lieutenant with DPS said not to be confused it was a privilege they allow us to carry, it is Not a Right.
So be prepared to be questioned and make sure you have the correct answers or your privileges will be revoked.....

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for doing that.
I wouldnt mind being wrong on this, but the attitude around here by some is to the contrary.
In our local Jailbird magazine a Lieutenant with DPS said not to be confused it was a privilege they allow us to carry, it is Not a Right.
So be prepared to be questioned and make sure you have the correct answers or your privileges will be revoked.....

My correct answers are my CWL, aka Handgun license and my drivers license. By law thats all I need to show them if asked.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My correct answers are my CWL, aka Handgun license and my drivers license. By law thats all I need to show them if asked.
Agreed
It was the "privilege " part that kinda got under my skin....he was obviously one of those that thought ...regular people shouldnt be able to be armed.
Seemed to be leaning to intimidate ...someone,, ;)

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A dark colored shirt, holster and avoid those shiny nickel plated pimp guns and instead pack a blued or black one and no one will give you a second look.

Latest posts

Top Bottom