Today: BEANS on a cold day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first run of pintos for the season are burning right now. I am jacked up, too. I basically love beans.
The recipe I used I got off this forum, because there are some cooking fools on this site.

Here it is:
2C soaked pintos
1C soaked kidneys
7C Water
1 can of cheap beer. (I don't drink, have no taste for 'good' beer)
4 strips thick bacon, not crispy, just panfried until fat tightens up a little (then dump rendered fat back into bean pot)
Like two or three squirts of Yellow Mustard
Shake the thing of Worchestershire sauce a few times into it.

1tblspn each:
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Salt
Black Pepper ground
White Pepper ground

1 tsp each:
paprika
cumin

Cook on low for 3 hours.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you haven't started yet, try replacing the water with chicken broth. if you have started try adding some chicken bouillon.

Yep! Yummy!!

We are having stew ...

Rhodesbe, throw some black soybeans in that pot instead of the kidney beans. They are higher in protein than most beans and have as much fiber and carbs (also unusual) therefore they will keep you full longer. And if you eat them on a regular basis will lower your cholesterol and triglycerides substantially. I have to order them off Amazon, haven't been able to find any in the City ... yet ...

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I left for work this morning, I saw the beans on the counter next to the crock pot. My wife does that just to make me think about it all day. Tomorrow,.. I am smoking a 9lb pork butt! I'm going to need to wear my sweats next week at work.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
s18.postimg.org_4wod4z8vt_photo_51.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom