Today: BEANS on a cold day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try substituting sliced up hot links for ham or bacon. Hard to beat in my opinion. didn't really ever care for beans until I had them that way. Now I will eat them any way I can get them, but that is what got me hooked on them.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
s18.postimg.org_4wod4z8vt_photo_51.jpg

Wheres the liquid from the crock pot? Wheres the corn bread? Your doing it wrong 0/10

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Used a slotted spoon. Didn't use a crockpot, which isn't as good as a simmering pot. Cornbread was jalapeno, just not in photo. 9/10.

You don't use a slotted spoon for beans, crockpot is a must, I will give you a pass on the corn bread 01/10

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have made a pot of beans but I only have Saturday off and I am going hunting, then its work for the next 12 days, beans and hunting do not mix well..

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night, I simmered ox tails and beef bones in a big pot through the night. This morning the house filled with the aroma of the richest and creamiest beef broth that is thick and white like milk.

I can simply add some freshly chopped green onions and add some pepper and rice and enjoy, as is. An alternative is to thin it out with some more water and add turnips / daikon radish to it.

2.bp.blogspot.com__5U4U_b_BoLQ_TKKfcjCF_bI_AAAAAAAAAHk_aGrtHUzhOKI_s1600_seolleong_tang.jpg

I can add some mountain root vegetables, with mushrooms and sliced beef brisket with a sauce made from simmering crushed chile peppers in sesame oil to make this Korean spicy beef brisket soup.

i.imgur.com_BIw6rhE.jpg

Or I can go with this New Year's favorite. Rice cake and beef n veggie dumpling soup. Add beef and veggie dumplings (wontons, chinese dumplings or gyoza can be substituted, but fillings are slightly different in Korean dumplings) and add fresh green onions, sesame seeds, shredded egg omelet and shredded beef brisket and some shredded nori (seaweed.)

i.imgur.com_8ihHw6b.jpg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think my crockpot must suck then. It always cooks hotter than what I can manage on the stovetop.

I'll reflect on my choice of spoons.

Most in expensive crock pots do these days, due to fear of lawsuits IMO. I have one that will boil water on low...

You can spend a few $$ to get one that has accurate temp control settings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom