Tough decision. Its going to cause some issues.......Ford or Chevy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I test drove the big 3 in 2013 models. For the '13 model year, Chevy was far behind the other with their interior. I'd probably trust their drivetrain the most but their interior simply sucked. I'm waiting to test drive a '14 Ram 1500 diesel.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ford. Built without a bailout. Actually just purchased my first truck; a 2013 XLT SuperCrew, and only owned SUV's previously. I've learned two things. The first is I'll never not own a truck again. Secondly, it will always be a Ford.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chevrolet trucks since 1967. Did have one Ford that I bought from my cousin that was a good truck, but I went to a Chevy 4x4 in 1975 and haven't had anything else since. Current rig is 2008 Z71 with 65K on it and zero problems. Most of my friends drive Fords - and if I needed a diesel I would probably go with a Ford.

Cedar Creek

Eric_Williams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2012 F-150 with the Ecoboost and love it. I drove every brand of 1/2 ton truck and to me ford had the best quality and options for the money and they were willing to deal.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's always fun to watch these threads, OP asks a specific, narrow question, then many chime in with another brand.

Chevy or Ford, my experience, owned GM's for over 20 years, switched to Ford on 2010, best truck I've owned yet, great ride, tons of space, good power, but not perfect either.

Interior space is incredible, GM is more like an extended cab compared to the F150. And the F150 ride is much better than the GM. Usable power out of the 5.4 is much better than the 5.3(I had several), more low end it seems while the 5.3 likes to spin up, had to really run them hard to tow while the 5.4 seems more like the good old 350.

Seats are the weakest point to me, they are OK, and I've spent a lot of hours in mine, but they certainly could be better. Honestly though I didn't think my GM seats were much better, to be fair though my last GM was 2005.

Reliability wise it seemed like I was on a downward spiral with GM, each vehicle seemed to get worse. The F150 hasn't been in the shop, I did have to replace the blower motor resistor, that is the only item that has been an issue in 3 years and 75K miles. I haven't done the plugs yet, that is a major concern for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom