Traditional rifles that still hold up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which would you choose and why?

• Total voters

OkieDoke88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious on y’all’s take. I’ve been hyper interested in rifle concepts that take old designs that maintain that timeless aesthetic and tradition, but are brought up to speed for our times. Workin on a few ideas and though I’d get y’all’s take visa vi a poll.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walnut stock AR. Pick your caliber of choice.

AR15 Walnut Magazine.jpg

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I do not endorse the Gestapo mandates on what constitutes legal calibers for hunting (I say "dead is dead" no matter your choice of hunting implement or cartrige!).

And here in our neck of the woods they have opened up to straight wall rifle for deer, but bottle neck rifle is a no no, so the lever action in a straight wall cartridge is top choice!

OkieDoke88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I do not endorse the Gestapo mandates on what constitutes legal calibers for hunting (I say "dead is dead" no matter your choice of hunting implement or cartrige!).

And here in our neck of the woods they have opened up to straight wall rifle for deer, but bottle neck rifle is a no no, so the lever action in a straight wall cartridge is top choice!
Hard to go wrong with that choice. One thing I’ve always liked about the straight walled cartridges, like the 45-70, is how easy they are to reload.

OkieDoke88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It depends on what you want to do with the rifle.

If .223/5.56 is sufficient, I would say to go with the Mini 14 but only IF they were at least MOA accurate and took AR magazines...so the retro AR-15 it is!

Latest posts

Top Bottom