Traeger burns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a Traeger pellet stove grill from Costco several years ago. Its a model built only for Costco. You can't buy it anywhere else.
A few weeks ago in another thread I commented about the control unit burning up. All the electronics and wiring are toast.
Tonight around the campfire with friends we were talking cooking and I brought up the incident where ours burned up.
One of the persons said that Costco's warranty would fix or replace the unit even though it's way out of warranty. Is that true?
We are 100 miles away from the nearest Costco so I don't want to load it up, drive a 200 mile round trip only to hear they won't cover it.
Anybody been in the same position and had success with the store warranty?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, there's a Costco on the west side of Memorial not far south of the Creek Turnpike, so if you're still making regular trips to BA, that one might not be too inconvenient.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent 600 plus for a Traeger grill In less than 60 days 2 electronic and 2 mechanical failures! Spent 66 bucks of my own money to return it via freight. Best day of my life when it was picked up and gone. Went back to one of Weber’s better units and NEVER looked back. Do your homework on this product and you will find they have been assembled in China for a few years now. Enough said. Oh and in this instance you DONT get what you pay for

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just fired up my Traeger for a pork butt yesterday. Haven't used it but maybe once or twice in several years, it fired up and ran like a top, held temps, cooked great. It's one of their super old original units. My damned Yoder is on the fritz, controller isn't reading properly, seems to be trying to lower temp all the time, won't get up to temp. It's odd, the temp reader doesn't show the built-in thermometer as reading high, but the controller reads it is trying to bring the temp down. So it was running like 115-120 yesterday. Had to switch over to the Traeger and it ran like a top. Much more even temps left to right and front to back than my Yoder, as well. :(

Suckage.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spent 600 plus for a Traeger grill In less than 60 days 2 electronic and 2 mechanical failures! Spent 66 bucks of my own money to return it via freight. Best day of my life when it was picked up and gone. Went back to one of Weber’s better units and NEVER looked back. Do your homework on this product and you will find they have been assembled in China for a few years now. Enough said. Oh and in this instance you DONT get what you pay for
When I was looking to "upgrade" I found way too many bad reviews. More than one review where they had bought one new and it wouldn't function at all. They couldn't get CS and they had even stopped responding to them, so they basically had a large $600 paper weight.

When Traeger was private they were built in Texas and were awesome. When they sold the company and manufacturing went offshore, it went to crap just about immediately from what I can tell.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought one from costco when they first opened here in okc about a year ago. Found out later it was an obsolete model they had quit making. Not real impressed with it. By the way I did not renew the membership with costco, not worth the hassle

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just fired up my Traeger for a pork butt yesterday. Haven't used it but maybe once or twice in several years, it fired up and ran like a top, held temps, cooked great. It's one of their super old original units. My damned Yoder is on the fritz, controller isn't reading properly, seems to be trying to lower temp all the time, won't get up to temp. It's odd, the temp reader doesn't show the built-in thermometer as reading high, but the controller reads it is trying to bring the temp down. So it was running like 115-120 yesterday. Had to switch over to the Traeger and it ran like a top. Much more even temps left to right and front to back than my Yoder, as well. :(

Suckage.
The older Traegers used to be the gold standard. Sorry to hear about the Yoder, they were on my short list before I bought my Rec Tec.

Switch to Rec Tec Grills.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Love my Bull!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom