Traeger burns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an 1980's Weber Genesis on craigslist a few years ago for $20. Put new burners in it, been treating me real good. It'll never top the charcoal kettle, but it makes for some quick meals in warm weather.

Sucks you ran into problems like that. Usually, the more a product/company spends in marketing, the cheaper and crappier it's made.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The older Traegers used to be the gold standard. Sorry to hear about the Yoder, they were on my short list before I bought my Rec Tec.

Love my Bull!!!

I generally love my Yoder in terms of build quality, but I've not been super happy with the temp variation from left to right. The controller problem happened recently after an internal flameup when trying to crisp up chikkin wings. I'm afraid the super heat and fire damaged something. :(

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was looking to "upgrade" I found way too many bad reviews. More than one review where they had bought one new and it wouldn't function at all. They couldn't get CS and they had even stopped responding to them, so they basically had a large $600 paper weight.

When Traeger was private they were built in Texas and were awesome. When they sold the company and manufacturing went offshore, it went to crap just about immediately from what I can tell.
I have had my Treager for I think 20 years and only replaced an igniter once or maybe 2 times, cant remember but they used to be quality grills when they were made here and not in China. I run probably 100 lbs of pellets through it per year so thats roughly 2000 lbs so it gets used a LOT.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my Treager for I think 20 years and only replaced an igniter once or maybe 2 times, cant remember but they used to be quality grills when they were made here and not in China. I run probably 100 lbs of pellets through it per year so thats roughly 2000 lbs so it gets used a LOT.
Well I jinxed myself with this post, I had steaks marinating and
Portabella mushrooms and squash ready to make dinner for my lady Friday evening and the treager failed to come on and it kept triping the GFI plug. So I pulled the control board and sure enough, the 5 amp fuse was blown. I dont have any fuses but a few quick tests after I get a fuse will likely tell me the igniter/hotrod, is shot. Either that or a blown auger motor or combustion air fan.
Had to cook steaks and squash on a small George Forman grill and it was actually still pretty good lol - without any hickory flavor of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom