Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a feeder quit throwing so started to load up the 4 wheeler to investigate. Flat tire so loaded up the three wheeler. 3/4 mile of mudding across a wheat field. Found either battery or solar panel is bad. Good solar panel in the shop and I’ll pick up a battery at a store before heading back over. The drum is completely full.

IMG_2527.jpeg

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are two from my weekend card pull. The first, it looks like one of my big guys made it through season. He should be really nice next year. Second is a buck fight which is typically no big deal. Yet, this one involves three at once. Not sure I have ever seen that before and I have about five or six pictures of them doing this, stopping and restarting.

IMG_2108.PNG
IMG_2109.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_2108.PNG
    IMG_2108.PNG
    7.6 MB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I go to one of the farms last week. Cam shows the feeder isn't throwing.
Full drum of corn.
The controller showed a low battery even though there is a solar panel that is about 10 years old.
Tried to do a manual throw with the motor barely turning.
Battery has been in the feeder for about 5 years. Gotta be the issue. Ordered one, went over today to change out with the proper testing equipment.
Battery fully charged, solar panel working correctly, and tested the voltage going into the motor with a test run.
Bad motor. The only thing that wasn't brought along.
So, another trip to fix that shortly. I have a couple of unused feeder motors in the shop. Need to get that drum to feed. The corn will turn into a black goo if left in there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom