Treasury Direct

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here have an account with Treasury Direct and have purchased T-Bills via Treasury Direct? Looking at the website, it seems to be a straight forward process and paying (relatively) decent rate of return on the current T-bills with varying lengths of maturity. Compared to what banks are paying on CDs it would seem more advantageous to purchase T-Bills with varying terms of maturity.

Any thoughts or experience with Treasury Direct?

Thanks!

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the same thing and set it up on a quarterly draft. I recently started my ss and retirement, but I still work as a Realtor. Now that I've been drawing since last June. I'm finding extra funds in my checking account, so I thought this looked good. I found them several years ago because I have about 10 $100 saving bonds and they have a calulator for. They are the kind that you have to hold 30 years. Well to say the least there have been a lot of years the interest sucked, but it's making up for it now. Only reason I have these is I use to have a job where I traveled a lot. Best Western had a deal where they would send you one of these $100 bonds for every 3 nights you stayed. I hit a few dogs, but there were some brand new ones out there to. Anyway, it's all free money.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the same thing and set it up on a quarterly draft. I recently started my ss and retirement, but I still work as a Realtor. Now that I've been drawing since last June. I'm finding extra funds in my checking account, so I thought this looked good. I found them several years ago because I have about 10 $100 saving bonds and they have a calulator for. They are the kind that you have to hold 30 years. Well to say the least there have been a lot of years the interest sucked, but it's making up for it now. Only reason I have these is I use to have a job where I traveled a lot. Best Western had a deal where they would send you one of these $100 bonds for every 3 nights you stayed. I hit a few dogs, but there were some brand new ones out there to. Anyway, it's all free money.

Oh, Man!!!! I wish the hotels still did that. With our Summer jobs having us live out of hotels for months at a time, we'd have a bunch of them. However, if they have to be held for 30 years to be able to cash out, they wouldn't do us any good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom