Tri-City Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04ZREX

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a fairly new member, and just recently renewed my membership for my third year. I've seen quite a few improvements in a very short time. Plus, you don't have a limit on how many guests you take with you and how often like some clubs have. It is money well spent in my opinion. A very good group of people.

RCM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
a $100 a year is cheap if you go more than 10 times to a range in ayear, no matter what range you go to.. now if it is someone who goes to a range once a yearjust before deer season, then yeah it could be seen as high.. the ranges i have been to around OKC typically charge $8 a day, or some charge by the hour. it doesnt take long to spend a $100 if you are like me that goes a couple times a month for more. I am actually considering getting a membership to OKC Gun Club as well if any openings.. just to be able to have change of scenery.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NRA membership is required, 8 hours of work a year will save you $40. Now, I'd rather have an "extra" 8 hours to shoot instead of $40, but I'd like to help out with the youth events so I went ahead and signed up for work this year.

Absolutely worst thing that happens is I don't get in all 8 hours and have to pay the $40 next year.

I wish we had a 600+ yd. rifle range, target pits, and a few uncovered shooting positions (dang it's loud under those covers!) but that's probably not going to happen any time soon. Still, it's nice to have a range to plink at 15 minutes from home.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
This place sounds expensive for what you get compared to OKCGC.

If you haven't shot out there with many of the TriCity members, then you really don't know the quality of the club.
It is a great place to shoot and great people to associate with.
OKCGC has some difficult people to be around on the firing line. Try to find someone who is the RSO to shut the range down so you can put targets up when there are 4 or 5 shooters on the line.
Nobody will step up to the job when it is specifically in the club rules, the one there the longest is the range officer.
Some of the rudest shooters I have ever been around are at the OKC Gun Club bench rest range.
I'm not sure of the exact number but Tri City has a VERY LARGE number of NRA certified RSOs.
If there is more than two people on a range, chances are one will be a RSO.
They will shut down the range without you having to ask others to cease fire or waiting 30 minutes until some rude individual shoots his last shot.
You also don't find a shooter with his gear spread out across three or four benches.
At OKC Gun Club, you'll sometimes find two or three shooting buddies there at the same time with gear spread out across seven or eight tables and the same number of target frames being used.
Getting them to shut down so you can put targets up can be very difficult at times.
Oklahoma City Gun Club has some really great facilities, some great people, and some real range hogs.
I haven't seen any rude shooters at TriCity.
I certainly wish I could say the same for OKC Gun Club.

Latest posts

Top Bottom