trout fishing in Arkansas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Roaring river is were we always go . About 20 bucks a day white water you can slay them their with a fly rod. www.roaringriverstatepark.com

My grandfather was a regular at Roaring river. We went there once and I'm just not into fishing shoulder to shoulder. Grandpa would walk way downstream and catch a few though. It was his thing to go there. My parents and I would drive out that way to visit for an hour or so and then he wanted us to hit the road. His private time I guess.
I can almost associate with that feeling. Deer season, its just me with the woods.

BJS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've camped out at Bull Shoals State Park below Bull Shoals Lake and also stayed at Gaston's. I think Gaston's may have reduced rates during the winter months.

Wading depends on water flow. You can wade different areas of the river, depending on the distance from the dam after they start generating.

I would highly recommend the book "Home Waters" by the Mid-South Fly Fishers. I have an older copy and it has detailed maps, recommended areas to fish, and lot's of other valuable information. If I remember correctly, it has the estimated times of water arrival after generation at various spots along the river. You can purchase it from their website here or Amazon. I also saw it on Bass Pro's website. You may be able to get a copy at a Backwoods or other local fly shop.

I've fished Red Bud Shoals with good luck. I think they may have cabins to rent there now, I haven't been in several years. I may have to head that way too.

Also check out the Norfork River. If water is generating on the White, it's a short drive over there if they aren't generating on the Norfork.

BJS

Latest posts

Top Bottom