Trout Fishing Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Planned on going trout fishing today at Dolese Park in OKC. Spent 2 hours driving around OKC to 3 different Academy's looking for trout bait - all were clean out, but went ahead and bought the 24 hour OKC city fishing license. Finally just went to Homeland and got a small can of corn. Showed up to the Park only to find the water was completely frozen over, except for a small area in the very middle that was impractical for fishing.

Going to try again on Monday. Hopefully it'll have thawed out by then.

kh496f

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw some guy walk about 60 paces towards the middle of that ice last year. I said "Are you CRAZY??" Ol' boy looked at me and was like "I'm from Michigan... This is how we fish." So I just shake my head and say "Alright.. but we aint in Michigan.." Didnt stick around to see if he fell through or not.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw some guy walk about 60 paces towards the middle of that ice last year. I said "Are you CRAZY??" Ol' boy looked at me and was like "I'm from Michigan... This is how we fish." So I just shake my head and say "Alright.. but we aint in Michigan.." Didnt stick around to see if he fell through or not.

That guy must have been nuts. I hope he is not a statistic now.

nmokie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Planned on going trout fishing today at Dolese Park in OKC. Spent 2 hours driving around OKC to 3 different Academy's looking for trout bait - all were clean out, but went ahead and bought the 24 hour OKC city fishing license. Finally just went to Homeland and got a small can of corn. Showed up to the Park only to find the water was completely frozen over, except for a small area in the very middle that was impractical for fishing.

Going to try again on Monday. Hopefully it'll have thawed out by then.

I did the same thing this morning. Wasn't expecting the ice. Found a hole around one of the feeders and tried there but got nothing.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

LOL...trust me, for a brief moment, the thought crossed my mind. That's only the second time I've been there...are there areas that are better to fish than others? Does fishing under the feeders improve your chances any?

kh496f

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been going to dolese since they first started the trout program there.. Usually the better side to fish on is on the north side of the pond.. Avoid the south side.. way too shallow over there..

The water is very low this year.. I havent seen or heard of anyone having a lot of luck out there yet either

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've been going to dolese since they first started the trout program there.. Usually the better side to fish on is on the north side of the pond.. Avoid the south side.. way too shallow over there..

The water is very low this year.. I havent seen or heard of anyone having a lot of luck out there yet either

I noticed most of the people tended to be on the north side. I spent most of my time on the south and west sides. Not even a nibble.

ultimatesooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been about 3 times so far, all I did last Saturday was throw rocks and watch them bounce on the ice. I have only tried the S and W sides - I guess I'll have to try the north side

Latest posts

Top Bottom