Trump leads in polls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If he gets the nomination, will you vote for him in the general election?

Depends on who he is running against. If it is Hillary or someone like her then I will have to. Even then it would be voting against her, not for him.

If the Dems somehow nominate somebody decent :laugh6: I would stay home.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In his 2013 interview he said he wants to, Limit restrictions on guns. Ban some assault weapons and extend the waiting period for purchase.
I know he wrote in his book back in 2000 that he favored an "assault weapons" ban. But he also has said that an assault weapon is not an AR15. So take it how you will. I know this, he is better than the career politicians that are running. At least he has the guts to say what he wants. You won't catch one of the other candidates ever doing that. Like I have said many times, trump ain't perfect but he is dang sure better than a career puppet, I mean politician.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know he wrote in his book back in 2000 that he favored an "assault weapons" ban. But he also has said that an assault weapon is not an AR15. So take it how you will. I know this, he is better than the career politicians that are running. At least he has the guts to say what he wants. You won't catch one of the other candidates ever doing that. Like I have said many times, trump ain't perfect but he is dang sure better than a career puppet, I mean politician.

I think he is saying what Hillary wants him to say. My gut tells me he is a Trojan turkey for the Dems with no intention of winning, just in making problems for the Republicans. He spends a lot of time bad mouthing Republicans, very little if any doing it to the Dems. For 8 years he was a registered Democrat and has since donated money to Dem candidates even after his last run. Also when bad mouthing Walker he called Republicans "the other guys"

So far my support still goes to Walker who has proven he knows what he is doing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I can think of a lot of things I thought were right in 2000, that I think may not be right now. People change their thought processes all the time because of evolving social issues/norms.

One of my co-workers was the biggest anti gun advocated in history, but when he had an occasion where a relative is now alive because of a gun owner, he changed his mind. Still doesn't want to own or shoot one, but he accepts it now.

We all know politicians change their minds according to the way the winds blow, so we really don't know why Trump had the epiphany, other than he has actually changed his mind, or he has changed it because of expediency?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can think of a lot of things I thought were right in 2000, that I think may not be right now. People change their thought processes all the time because of evolving social issues/norms.

One of my co-workers was the biggest anti gun advocated in history, but when he had an occasion where a relative is now alive because of a gun owner, he changed his mind. Still doesn't want to own or shoot one, but he accepts it now.

We all know politicians change their minds according to the way the winds blow, so we really don't know why Trump had the epiphany, other than he has actually changed his mind, or he has changed it because of expediency?

I do not care that they change their minds, anyone with a working brain does at times. Heck at one time I voted for Democrats and even Perot I am ashamed to say. What I have major reservations about is if the Donald has changed his mind about anything. Has he really gone from being pretty much a liberal? Is he just doing it for more money and power? Or is he really serious?

I ALWAYS doubt what anyone running for office says, what I go by is what have they done? Trump has made a ton of money, lost a ton of money, been a Democrat, and in 2010 was giving money to Harry Reid. The last time he ran I had an open mind about him, this time I do not trust him at all. He has not shown me that he is serious and it would not surprise me if he gets asked to run as Hillary's VP. He has the Democrat attack dog role down pat.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think he is saying what Hillary wants him to say. My gut tells me he is a Trojan turkey for the Dems with no intention of winning, just in making problems for the Republicans. He spends a lot of time bad mouthing Republicans, very little if any doing it to the Dems. For 8 years he was a registered Democrat and has since donated money to Dem candidates even after his last run. Also when bad mouthing Walker he called Republicans "the other guys"

So far my support still goes to Walker who has proven he knows what he is doing.

I gotta admit that this has been in the back of my mind too. If he's a democrat operative:

1) He's doing one hell of a job.
and
2) It would be an absolutely brilliant albeit desperate move on their part. I can see them doing it too because deception is all they got.

I guess we'll see in the end, but if they have planted him and they fail it'll be the end of the democrat party for my lifetime. The backlash, if it's found out will be horrific for them.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta admit that this has been in the back of my mind too. If he's a democrat operative:

1) He's doing one hell of a job.
and
2) It would be an absolutely brilliant albeit desperate move on their part. I can see them doing it too because deception is all they got.

I guess we'll see in the end, but if they have planted him and they fail it'll be the end of the democrat party for my lifetime. The backlash, if it's found out will be horrific for them.

They have used plants many times before and the media never reports on it. I think Trump could be seen in public giving Hillary a post 12 and the media would not report a thing.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't buy the plant theory yet. Most of the Media is going after Mr. Trump. If he was a plant. Would not they just be silent? Mr. Trump has tapped into the anger that the people have. Who Work, Vote, and Pay TAXES. They are tired of the Bull Sh@t. That the Elites, Media, and Government. Has been shoveling for a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom