Trying to find a better carry knife...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Plus one on the Ridgeback. I alternate between that and a 3 finger Boker. I cannot display a blade at work so I either attach a Kydex IWB clip and drop it in my pocket or rotate a bunch of other stuff.

GOTOGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 110

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

For the need you describe, the issue isn't really the knife but rather the sheath.
Anything with a blade 4" or under and a flat handle will work however no production knife I've seen comes with a good sheath.
That said, the best sheaths in the business are made right here in Tulsa by Infight access kydex aka Tulsadave on this forum.
Get the knife you want and then have him make a sheath for it.
http://shop.infightaccesskydex.com/
Michael Brown

I agree; his sheaths look like exactly what I want for belt carry.

I don't have any knife training or experience. One question I hope you can advise on is why the difference between a straight fixed blade vs ones with a slight bend vs ones like the TDI which have quite quite an angle.

What do you guys think of the Cold Steel Braveheart on their site?

Thanks,

Alan

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I got a sheath from TulsaDave and it is awesome!!!. I'm using it with the Cold Steel Brave Heart. Very nice setup. I hardly know it is there and it is very accessible.

Thanks,

Alan

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I got a sheath from TulsaDave and it is awesome!!!. I'm using it with the Cold Steel Brave Heart. Very nice setup. I hardly know it is there and it is very accessible.

Thanks,

Alan

The Braveheart is a badass blade for its intended purpose.

Be care though; I put the blade right through my pinkie finger with no effort jacking around with the sheath.

That said, it's good to know it will go through flesh and bone that easily.:doh:

Michael Brown

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Izula as my fixed blade carry option. And my folder carry is a Buck Vantage Pro.

Both are excellent, but man do I ever love the Buck Vantage Pro! Highly recommended.

ESEE Izula:
[Broken External Image]

Buck Vantage Pro:
[Broken External Image]

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I carry everyday in my right front pocket. It's a S&W assisted open with glass breaker at the butt of the grip. I'm very pleased with this and it's very fast on the open with the flipper or studs.

ai41.photobucket.com_albums_e265_argyle64_71K96NonD9L_AA1500_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom