Tulsa Airport now prohibitied?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can fix this real quick.... under oklahoma statue it is illegal to carry in airports period....

one of the guys at work said this as well... i challenged him on it and he couldn't come up with any proof...

i've read NOTHING that indicates that airports are off limits.... especially considering that you can legally take your gun with you in check-in baggage with the ammo and mags and firearm all in the same locked case, which, according to OK law is concealed carry. lol.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to see open carry nationally. I believe it just might cut down on crime. They would think about it if they see you with a side arm.

I agree that open carry will definitely make us all safer.

Doesn't the second amendment already say that:
The right to keep and BEAR arms shall not be infringed.
Seems silly and a bit say that nowadays we need a second statement from our government affirming that to bear arms means to bear arms?

abajaj11

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can fix this real quick.... under oklahoma statue it is illegal to carry in airports period....

even though it is legal in Kalifornia..... sad huh...

check out this website: http://www.opencarry.org then click on maps for a round up of laws that pertain to most questions...
Oklahoma is not a gun friendly as I thought....

I believe we lost a lot of these rights when laws were knee jerk passed after okc bombing in 1995...

we need to work to get these rights back....

you can Open Carry in Kalifornia and even carry in car open neither legal in Oklahoma

This is incorrect - No law says this anywhere (that I've been able to find) and carrylegal.org has a pretty legal-safe opinion on the matter.

You can carry into the airport and up to (but not entering or beyond) the security checkpoint as it is not legal to do so for an entirely different set of reasons than state or federal laws pertaining to normal carry (the TSA and FAA take over at that point but not before).

Other than the TSA/FAA laws that kick in at the security checkpoint - there is no law that forbids you to carry (before that checkpoint) at the airport. This is the subject of much debate, but the City isn't using that particular set of buildings for doing business with the public.

This is debatable, but not with any degree of solid argument (IMHO) as there are a number of committees or commissions (including the Airport Trust Authority - as Berettaman points out) that are city-like that are involved with the Tulsa International Airport, but don't necessarily represent the city government as doing business with the public.

Same thing is true of the back-side of the airport (in my opinion) on the AA and EDS/Sabre side of the parking lot - this is backed up by the fact that while many debated the fact that you couldn't carry in the parking lot once the recent "parking lot gun storage" bill passed because it was Federal or City land, the new sign they put up states that you cannot carry a weapon past the gate but has a clause at the end that says "except as pursuant to the OK SDA).

There's no law that says that any part of the airport (except for the checkpoint and beyond) is a no-carry zone. If you know differently, then please cite something - don't just say "my friend told me".

This is not directed at kcatto but to everyone - I've had this debate many times and have yet to see any law/rule that says you can't carry at the airport.

Latest posts

Top Bottom