Unmarked police cars in Tulsa…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlafftablett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, unmarked cars should be illegal unless expressly used for UC work and NEVER for traffic duties. The job of police is to keep people safe and if they're really concerned about making folks slow down they'd make themselves bright billboards to remind people to do so. Unmarked cars are for hunting speeders and generating money and nothing else. When you consider that speed is sited as cause in something under 15% of accidents, its hard not to look at tickets as much more than a money grab.

Personally, I think you should be able to test into a higher class of license that would allow you no limit on highways. I've been an EVOC instructor, driven PSD overseas, been a fire truck driver and instructor, etc. and am 100% I'm competent and attentive enough to handle my car, truck, and motorcycle at speed. I know my capabilities as well as those of my vehicle and would be willing to accept responsibility for the same. I also think that if you get rear-ended while in the passing lane on a highway, the law should consider it your fault by default.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we speed because “we” have somewhere to go that is far more important than others.

My question was prompted by an experience early last week. I was going north on Penn, and in a bit of a hurry. A lady was in front of me and not going as fast as I wanted, so first chance I swapped lanes, zipped past her and continued on my way. Next traffic light, yup, she pulled up right beside me. Then the same thing happened again as I hurried to the next light only to have her pull up just before the light turned green. So then the finance side of my brain tried to tell me how much extra fuel I burned compared to her usage.

But, I still hurried on to my very important visit to SoonerState Pawn to see what new treasures they had acquired.
If you would have gone faster, you would have made some of those lights… 👿

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you would have gone faster, you would have made some of those lights… 👿
If he had been in Tulsa, he probably would’ve gotten there close enough to go through on the Tulsa green.

No kidding, I’ve seen people go through a red left turn light while the cross traffic was starting—and it wasn’t like the cross traffic had a fast reaction time, either. Tulsa is the epitome of “saw that one be green.”

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he had been in Tulsa, he probably would’ve gotten there close enough to go through on the Tulsa green.

No kidding, I’ve seen people go through a red left turn light while the cross traffic was starting—and it wasn’t like the cross traffic had a fast reaction time, either. Tulsa is the epitome of “saw that one be green.”
Dude, that and the number of people I’ve seen not use their blinker is astonishing. Lol

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can almost understand someone not using their turn indicators, but the ones that get me are the ones that must feel that turning on the blinker is part of the physical act of turning the steering wheel. When I can see that big hunk of steel turn, I have usually figured out that they are making a turn.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I had an old relative who would routinely tell anybody "It wuz yellah when ahh went under it!"

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, unmarked cars should be illegal unless expressly used for UC work and NEVER for traffic duties. The job of police is to keep people safe and if they're really concerned about making folks slow down they'd make themselves bright billboards to remind people to do so. Unmarked cars are for hunting speeders and generating money and nothing else. When you consider that speed is sited as cause in something under 15% of accidents, its hard not to look at tickets as much more than a money grab.

Personally, I think you should be able to test into a higher class of license that would allow you no limit on highways. I've been an EVOC instructor, driven PSD overseas, been a fire truck driver and instructor, etc. and am 100% I'm competent and attentive enough to handle my car, truck, and motorcycle at speed. I know my capabilities as well as those of my vehicle and would be willing to accept responsibility for the same. I also think that if you get rear-ended while in the passing lane on a highway, the law should consider it your fault by default.
Sounds as if you will be the first one to the scene of the accident.

Latest posts

Top Bottom