Tulsa passenger rail?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa has been proposed as a hub in the central region.

Now is the time to act. Submit supportive comments at the bottom of the homepage page.

I spent many hours as a youth waiting for my cousins to come into the downtown Union Depo. As they worked for the Frisco railroad.

I would love to be able to travel to Dallas, KC, or St. Louis on the rail.

I would also like to take a long vacation to California just for the old world experience on a modern train.

Railroad pocket watches are my passion and would love to reunite as few with their heritage by strapping on on and taking off for the weekend without me driving to okc.

Like minds please comment on their website.

https://fralongdistancerailstudy.org/

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMHO passenger trains and city public transportation busses are nothing but money pits. Look at the boondoggle for both types of OKCs buss systems with very few riders and they are supported by tax money with no chance of payback and are always in the way effing up the traffic pattern.

Freight trains make perfect sense as they can move many tons of freight with just a 3 or 4 man crew.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some friends that have taken the train from OKC to Ft Worth. They said it was pleasurable for the most time but got monotonous with all the small town stops.
They said it was an interesting trip but probably won’t do it again.
And it is completely subsidized by your federal tax dollars.
I worked for the Transportation Department in OK for 31 years and I know things that I wish I didnt.
Many of those things would make the hair on your neck stand up.
reason I left...

Latest posts

Top Bottom