Tulsa Restaurant Los Cabos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like one of your Tulsa area restaurants, Los Cabos, is opening their 4th location a few miles from my house here in the KC area. It appears to be on the shore of Bass Pro's lake here in Independence. Anyone have anything to say about them? I know it's in a great spot. But what about their food?

One of my favorite things when I lived in OKC was all the Mexican joints always gave you chips, tortillas, salsa, cheese sauce, and that pickled veggie stuff. You could be full before your order ever arrived! Never seen that in any other city. Do they do that in Tulsa? Does this place do that?

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went to the one in Broken Arrow a few years ago and have not been back. The atmosphere was decent. The prices were high, food mediocre, and service terrible. That being said, they must be doing something right. Every time I drive by the place it is packed.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been there once a few years ago. Its meh to me, wasn't impressed at all. It reminds me of fancy taco bell. Now, el tequila in owasso I like.

In with AK on the Owasso el tequila! That place makes great steak nachos! And their margaritas will light you up!

As far as lost cabos, I don't know why anyone would eat their fake cheese sauce. That stuff is a few tiers below highschool concession stand cheese sauce and I like that stuff.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've ate at the Broken Arrow location several times. Its my inlaws favorite Mexican place. Its pretty good for tex mex depending on what you order. Always busy.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live rural but the one by Bass Pro in BA is just a few minutes from my house by highway. My wife says its not as good as Teds. I dont like Teds. But I like the brisket street tacos at Los Cabos.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been to ted's personally. I went to the Los Cabos in jenks twice. I didnt pay so I didnt complain LOL. Like I said i wasnt impressed with the food at all.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the land of chain restaurants here so anything different is welcome. Although an Arkansas joint (Slim Chickens) opened on the same Bass Pro property and in my opinion, it's not very good. That's a very toned down opinion of the place. Cain's chicken just opened here too. That's a chicken finger place. WTH? Are we all 12 years old or what?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with Cain's the one time I went... they seem to be expanding all over the place. Los Cabos I went to once, it was ok. Wasn't superb. I think Ted's probably is slightly better, but is close enough to not matter much.

Abuelo's, I think is better, but if I remember right, is pretty expensive.

The best out there is Chuy's, IMNSHO. as far as chain restaurants go. Hands down. Next is probably Chelino's, although I'll admit it's been a number of years since I've been there.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im close to Kenosha St BAs strip of eat places so I usually grab my fast food near there when home. Im not a big chicken fanatic like my wife and kids but I will eat it. I like the chicken and waffles at Slim Chikens and I like Raising Canes. There is now a new ChikFilA near those two. Just down the street is: Popeyes, KFC, BWW, plus a Churchs is only a few miles away. We also have a place called Roys chicken in Coweta that is decent. To each their own as they say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom