Tulsa shop with good revolver selection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm ready to start looking for a .357 but haven't seen anything in my nearby shops of interest. I really don't know what I want specifically, but a 4-inch Model 27 would be up there in my must-have's. Does anyone know of a pawnshop in town or nearby that has a good revolver selection as it seems most of the gun stores focus on auto's or small revolvers?

That said, whatever I buy is going to see limited range use and little (if any) carry time, I'm looking for something pretty nice, so keep that in mind on the recommendations.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good old Smiths are kinda tough to find. Or I guess I should say you have to be in the right place at the right time. Locally, try TK Supply. They have lots of stuff other than what is on display in their shop. Occasionally Sooner Guns gets some nice stuff in on trade.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good old Smiths are kinda tough to find...

Yeah, I've kinda figured that out. There have been a couple I've seen on Gunbroker and maybe I should just suck it up and bid, but I'm always a little nervous to bid more than a piece is worth (against somebody that just wants the gun because that's what Grandpa' had or some other such reason) because I really don't know enough about them to judge what they are worth - I've seen a few at gunshows that I would have otherwise purchased if I had enough time to do a little research first.

Am I the only one that does this?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
sit down and call every pawn shop around with a list of what your looking for. or whats even more fun is to take a day off work or a saturday and just go pawn shoppin. recently i have found some really good deals. if you find something that you want, scratch your head a little, ask a few questions. then say " i need this like a hole in the head,but whats your out the door price". most of the time the price is lower than you would expect.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If looking for new, you can also go to Galleryofguns.com, then to Gun Genie. It has a cool way for you to filter out unwanted guns by type, caliber, etc. If you find one you like, it will tell you who has or can get one in Tulsa (and will even give you a quote). It only requires you to enter your Zip Code.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've also heard that Bill's in Claremore gets some cool Smith stuff in from time to time. Sounds like you are wanting the classic stuff and I can't blame you. Seek out ones without the lock. You'll be glad you did.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dongs has the largest on hand inventory of revolvers.
purchased my 337PD there ... searched for one, up and down including gun brokers, etc. with no luck. meanwhile Dongs has it in stock

may be a no-brainer, but try Dong's on Admiral...

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm ready to start looking for a .357 but haven't seen anything in my nearby shops of interest. I really don't know what I want specifically, but a 4-inch Model 27 would be up there in my must-have's. Does anyone know of a pawnshop in town or nearby that has a good revolver selection as it seems most of the gun stores focus on auto's or small revolvers?

That said, whatever I buy is going to see limited range use and little (if any) carry time, I'm looking for something pretty nice, so keep that in mind on the recommendations.

First, get yourself a copy of the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson, and read up on what you want, then go shopping. You'll be glad you did!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom