tumbler problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok guys my 1985 lyman 1200 tumbler's motor died which should I do relpace it with a 2500 for $79 + tax or replace the motor if some in tulsa can do it?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless its a used motor or rebuilt, I would bet you would pay almost as much for a motor as a whole new tumbler. I could be wrong, but thats usually how it works out for me it seems anytime I try to save a little green.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a thread on ARFCOM where a guy bought a replacement surplus motor online for like 5 bucks. If I can find a link tomorrow I wil post it. Either way don't throw it away.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tyromeo55 if the motor can be replaced I would keep it and buy the larger tumbler and use the 1200 for moly coat or smaller bauchs of cases.

Cool!

This would be a very cheap replacement----->
http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=10-1813&catname=electric

And

This ((MOT) 910-4874) would be better especially for a few bucks more---->
http://www.surplussales.com/motors/Motors-5.html

The thread I found on arfcom did not give specifics on replacing the motor but is should be straight forward.

The motors above are not the "BEST' replacements but a direct replacement would be like 45 bucks since Lyman uses good motors. You can get one cheap from RCBS but I read that the motors they use are junk

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered a new motor base for my 3200 and it was $65 to the door, it's going back though since it just ain't quite working like it should, they said send it back and they would ship out a replacement. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom