Turkeys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a turkey hunter, but today checking out a place for hogs, my pardner who is a well respected member on OSA and we won't go any further on that point. We DID see 100 turkey in an wheat field. We were in northern Greer County near the North ForK of the Red River. Saw more in smaller groups, but 100! I may take up turkey hunting in earnest!

Reaction score
It's a hootenanny - you should. Especially with that many around.

I just slapped a Nikon Turkey Pro scope on my turkey shotgun - great little scope. It's the same as the Slugmaster/Omega in 1.65-5x35 config, but has the "circle-X" reticle - good stuff.

Time to hit the range and sight in 2 shotguns for the season.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not a turkey hunter, but today checking out a place for hogs, my pardner who is a well respected member on OSA and we won't go any further on that point. We DID see 100 turkey in an wheat field. We were in northern Greer County near the North ForK of the Red River. Saw more in smaller groups, but 100! I may take up turkey hunting in earnest!

Its pretty addictive! you might want to reconsider if you want to spend a chunk of money on calls, decoys, blinds, guns, ammo, etc.:D

On second thought, blow all of that last advice away and go for it!:D

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lonewolf I spoke with the gentleman you speak of this evening. I asked him about yalls hunting trip. You guys would love turkey hunting. Calling the birds in to you and having them strutting and gobbling at mere feet sometimes can be as exciting as hunting gets.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lonewolf I spoke with the gentleman you speak of this evening. I asked him about yalls hunting trip. You guys would love turkey hunting. Calling the birds in to you and having them strutting and gobbling at mere feet sometimes can be as exciting as hunting gets.

Exactly!
Took the wife out one time without a gun, sitting 20' behind her. Called in a couple of jakes, almost in her lap. She couldn't take it and broke.:D Thought it was gonna bite her:D

Turkey hunting is a hoot!!:mosh:

Latest posts

Top Bottom