TV Signal Woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P35

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an outside antenna with power rotation. Weather seems to effect reception a lot. There seems to be no "sweet spot" when aiming the antenna. What's great one day might stink the next.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was beginning to think I was the only one who didn't pay for TV anymore.

I use a big UHF/VHF antenna in the attic. KOCO (5.1) and KETA (13.1) are both VHF, all the others are UHF. So you have to have an antenna that will pick up both (or use multiple antennas). If I were looking today for an attic antenna, and lived in Norman, I would probably look at THIS ONE. It's pretty big - the largest element is 102", but should fit into most attics. Point it toward the antenna farm and you should be good to go.

Have a look at Antenna Web for some helpful info as well.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was beginning to think I was the only one who didn't pay for TV anymore.

I cut it about 6 weeks ago. I use over-the air + my Roku for television, subscribing to Hulu and Netflix. I have an Ooma for phone that works great; got it on Woot! for $130 on a one day sale. I kept Cox for my cable internet. I had to add GWM monitoring for my alarm since I couldn't get the alarm to work with my VOIP phone.

Overall, I dropped my bill from $180ish to $85ish per month ($60ish for cable + $16 for Hulu/Netfix + $8 for GSM monitoring). And I now have more viewing options, a more secure alarm, and a more robust phone. I feel like a sucker for paying the cable company for so long.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do a site survey and see if any of your neighbors have recently installed a 30' high metal wall :-)
Seriously, though, have you rescanned the channels? I know when they first switched over to digital, stations were tweaking their signals, so I had some that were fine, but then I lost them.
(This probably isn't the issue since you lost them all at the same time.)

P

PistolPackin'Honey

I have Cox cable. The only problem is when the damn President or the friggin weatherman decide they want some airtime. The bill sucks, but there's always something to watch. :)

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I built this using instructions from a forum where the guys are seriously antenna hardcore. Got it mounted in the attic and it works great. Simple and easy to build.

I like the name of it too -StealthHawk

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom